Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Fixed] Tabbing to abandoned heroes.

Basic Member

[Fixed] Tabbing to abandoned heroes.

We had a player abandon before pick so he got some random hero which sat in the fountain the entire game. This wouldn't really be a huge problem if I hadn't been playing Lone Druid and kept tabbing to this useless low level hero instead of my bear. This was even compounded by the fact that my bear didn't even seem to be in the tab rotation at all. Surely my bear is the most important unit aside from my hero and therefore should be the first unit in the tab rotation and preferably the only one when no other unit is selected.

Summary: Tabbing selects abandoned heroes over hero pets.

Basic Member
    Now I got this issue again, it doesn't happen often but it's so damn annoying when it does.

Basic Member
    Am I doing something wrong or they just don't give a fuck? It is unbearable and I'm going to have to leave games as soon as we have an abandon...

Basic Member
    Which is a shame since I almost won a 3v5 today and this issue had a big hand in us not succeeding.

Basic Member
    This is so obviously a mistake, barely anyone uses abandoned heroes and even if you did why on earth should it be first priority of all the units you command? I would even accept tabbing to the closest unit you command since that can be justified, but an abandoned level 1 hero sitting in fountain? It's absurd.

Basic Member
    can somebody confirm this?
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    I should mention that this is only when you have just the hero selected, if you have hero and bear selected it will tab to bear but I use f1 and tab if I want them to move different directions.

Basic Member
    I'm in a game right now, DC pudge and I have bear alive and press f1 and tab and it goes to pudge. I don't know how to document this though.

Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    can somebody confirm this?
    Every time I play Enchantress in vs. AI (trying to get better at micro before I take it against people again), someone will abandon without fail, and without fail I'll always end up tabbing to them instead of my dominated creeps.

It's really, really annoying. I'd really like an option where the tab cycle skips over DC/abandoned heroes by default because it just makes using it really messy.

Basic Member
    adding to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage