Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: anti spoiler replay feature

Basic Member
    I'd really like this as well.

Basic Member
    I think that once they implement the tournament tab this will be easier to put in. When looking for mm replays that are essentially pub games, where you'd theoretically be looking to learn more about a specific hero, length is a good thing to have so you don't watch a bunch of 25 minute stomps and you're trying to learn a hard carry. A tournament tab would let you pick a tournament, and choose when to reveal more information. So at the start there could be the bracket, and you only see the first level of matches, and are given links for game 1, game 2, and game 3 without any match length information. An option to reveal results without watching would be good for people who just want to keep up though, just make it hidden by default.

EDIT: Could be an option to hide match length in recent matches as well, if people are just looking to watch games.
    Last edited by Yarome; 12-08-2011 at 12:02 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarome View Post
    I think that once they implement the tournament tab this will be easier to put in. When looking for mm replays that are essentially pub games, where you'd theoretically be looking to learn more about a specific hero, length is a good thing to have so you don't watch a bunch of 25 minute stomps and you're trying to learn a hard carry.

i added this idea to replay filter thread, is more fitting there

Quote Originally Posted by Yarome View Post
    A tournament tab would let you pick a tournament, and choose when to reveal more information. So at the start there could be the bracket, and you only see the first level of matches, and are given links for game 1, game 2, and game 3 without any match length information. An option to reveal results without watching would be good for people who just want to keep up though, just make it hidden by default.

EDIT: Could be an option to hide match length in recent matches as well, if people are just looking to watch games.
    the tournament bracket ist basically the thought behind the next button

its revealed by default now and can be hidden if the anti spoiler feature gets added, i dont think its realy important what valve sets to default and what to optional

Basic Member
    YES YES YES!!! oh god yes, please, pretty please, il give you my first child, anything, just make the replays spoiler free, i payed for the defence ticket, but honestly, whats the point, as soon as you click details, you can see the levels, gpm, xppm, and 99.9% of the time this is a dead giveaway as to who won the game and its really frustrating, i want to watch the game not knowing who won, is that so much to ask?

Basic Member
    still easy to implement, still missing, still wanted, still needed

but maybe a community too stupid to support this idea does not diserve this feature, maybe the concept of esports is still too abstract for the majority of nerds, maybe provocation is not the most stupid way to achive things

Basic Member
    did a small edit to clarify some stuff

e: as of now 26.09.2011, the replay options menu contains many useful options u as a fan want to use, diferent casters, dieferent caster/player perspectives AND the game length. So u either dont use this great options(which make the dota2 spec mode the state of the art in todays esports) OR u use them but get the outcome of the game spoilered, which is kinda not the state of the art. The "hide game length" feature belong to this tab, so u can hide the game length and still use the awesome other features.

e2:
    The game length bar has another awesome feature in itself, it allows fans to rewind the replay, hiding the game length bar would "disable" this feature. So i suggest adding some buttons and hotkeys to allow ppl who hid the bar, rewind the rep with that new hotkeys.

e3:
    TI2 lacked that next button, the outcome of the last game and the winner were obv, because there was no following game. So the last game of the biggest tournament became the most boring at the same time.

e4:
    from http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=56207
    add a feture to hide the like/dislike bar
    Quote Originally Posted by Espen View Post
    Watching TI2 was great! I loved every bit of it and are looking forward to next year. But there was one thing bothering me. I were able to predict if Na'Vi could get the win or not, just by looking at the likes and dislikes. My friend could do the same.

So I did some "research". I went through all of Na'Vi's games from the main event and looked at how many likes vs. dislikes they had in games they won, compared to games they lost. They won 7 matches and lost 6 matches.

This is the overall result:

7 Wins = 58349 likes and 1931 dislikes. This equals 3,2 % dislikes.

6 Losses = 52672 likes and 4403 dislikes. This equals 7,7 % dislikes.

http://imgur.com/9Lqwx

You might think that this isn't that big of a difference, but as a person who're very aware of things like this (numbers and patterns in this case) it made my experience not as good as it could have been.