Thread: Will there ever be a spoiler-free system in DotaTV?

Basic Member

Will there ever be a spoiler-free system in DotaTV?

DotaTV has been out for about a year now. People have been asking for a spoiler-free system since its release. With many upcoming tournaments in several different regions, games will be played at all times in the day. Some tournaments will be more interesting to watch than others, but because of the time zones, we are "forced" to only buy tournament tickets from our respective regions.

I've bought a lot of tickets for DotaTV, and have always thought: "A spoilers-free system will probably be released soon. I'm sure they'll release a DotaTV-wide system in time for TI3".

But now, I'm starting to get some serious doubts. They've taken their time to make a spoiler-free system for TI two times and surely after one year, if they were planning on it, they would have been able to implement one for the other tournaments?

I REFUSE to buy any other tournaments (after the first, I asumed Valve had it in order). When buying/watching an old tournament you already see the finalists. With 2 games played (with best of 3) you already know who will win the 2nd. With 3 games you know both will win 1 game etc. So easy to add a number of ways to watch it (maybe even after selecting spoilerfree in options) [Game 1] and click on it and see 3 games to click on even if only 2 have been played.

And even the TI wasn't fully spoiler free. I had to watch all games in one form or another with a booklet covering part of the screen. Normal games already showed heroes picked and I don't want to see that. Pick/ban fase is half the fun not knowing that Axe/AA/Timbersaw is getting picked.

Main stage already showed which teams were going to lose and go to losers brackers. Also showed which teams in loser bracker were advancing already.
    VALVE please make a punishment system that punishes the offenders... not the team. Also ever heard about communication? Try it. It might solve a lot of debates/questions here on the forum.

Any update on this Valve?
    VALVE please make a punishment system that punishes the offenders... not the team. Also ever heard about communication? Try it. It might solve a lot of debates/questions here on the forum.

Have you even looked in the client or been reading the patch notes?

Best of X series are now spoiler free if the admin remembers to enable it, which is more often than not.

I have, but that doesn't change much. Only per game basis. Tournament winners or next round advancers (new word) are still easily spoiled.