Thread: Downloadable replays like DotA 1.

Basic Member

Downloadable replays like DotA 1.

Hi guys & gals. I've been wandering about this for a while now and I think its about time DotA 2 had the function a download replays as files on the hard drive like DotA 1 was able to do via the WarCraft 3 engine. I suggest this as I understand keeping all the replays stored on the servers themselves isn't feasible storage space-wise. Since all replays expire after 2 weeks(?) I think it would be nice for the players to be able to download replays to their hard drives so that they can watch them even in offline mode and/or for personal keepsake. Keep the 2 week expiry duration but let us download it to a file so we can load it up for future viewing. With this feature we the players would be able to relive epic matches even into the far future. Don't u all agree?

you actually download them, when you want to watch them. Make sure you dl them before the 2 week expire.
    <-- My work is done, if this gets implemented
    Also: つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Soloqueue!
    Need some incentive to start a match of dota?
    http://getdotastats.com/sig/87346642.png
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLite View Post
    Valve has abandoned the game! The game is now safe to leave.
    No statistics will be recorded.

Basic Member
    When you download a replay, it's stored in \Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\replays

Basic Member
    Oic. Then is it like DotA 1 where we can just double click the file to start the replay? Can we save them to portable storage to be viewed elsewhere? And can we still view the replays even after the game client updates itself?
    Last edited by kevinliew; 02-15-2014 at 01:28 AM.

Some updates break backwards compatibility.