Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Visual: Dead Rosh

Basic Member

[Suggestion] Visual: Dead Rosh

The idea just stroke me:

Currently the Roshpit is just empty while Rosh is dead.
    I think it would be really nice to have Rosh lying around dead/sleeping instead, maybe even with a "waking-up-animation" when he respawns.

Definitely nothing gamebreaking, but a really nice visual i think.

Basic Member
    I usually don't +1 threads, but for this one
    +1

Hmmm... well, why not?
    Storm[HUN] ~~~ Sic itur ad astra, per aspera. | [Dotabuff]

Roshan should explode into tiny pieces when he dies, and then reform very slowly over his 10 minute respawn period. Fragments of him will recombine to reform his limbs, torso and head; at the 9 minute mark his body is rebuilt but not reattached - his limbs slowly crawl towards his torso and reattach themselves, then from 9:50 to 10:00 he pulls himself off the ground, lifts up his head and reattaches it, then walks back to the back of his pit and is fully respawned.

Guaranteed game of the year just for that animation.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGoat View Post
    Roshan should explode into tiny pieces when he dies, and then reform very slowly over his 10 minute respawn period. Fragments of him will recombine to reform his limbs, torso and head; at the 9 minute mark his body is rebuilt but not reattached - his limbs slowly crawl towards his torso and reattach themselves, then from 9:50 to 10:00 he pulls himself off the ground, lifts up his head and reattaches it, then walks back to the back of his pit and is fully respawned.

Go Valve, implement this and the creeps spawning from thin air, and you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGoat View Post

I want this implemented nao D:<
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    boy im glad all these qualified and educated game designers have come to the forums to help dota 2 grow

Basic Member
    The gradually 'recombining' roshan has balance implications. Taking a look at how complete he is would indicate when he is back again. Though the idea is great, simply having a shattered roshan in the pit and having him recombine in a 3-second animation at 9:57 would be great.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWilder View Post
    I want this implemented nao D:<
    this... it reminded me of skeleton king.

The gradually 'recombining' roshan has balance implications.
    C'mon man, grow some sarcasm sense.

having a shattered roshan in the pit and having him recombine in a 3-second animation at 9:57 would be great.
    Now, that sounds funny.
    Storm[HUN] ~~~ Sic itur ad astra, per aspera. | [Dotabuff]

Quote Originally Posted by HMAN911 View Post
    The gradually 'recombining' roshan has balance implications. Taking a look at how complete he is would indicate when he is back again. Though the idea is great, simply having a shattered roshan in the pit and having him recombine in a 3-second animation at 9:57 would be great.
    It wouldn't have "balance" implications but I guess it might make pubs against lycan and ursa easier. Since the only games I can think where players even attempt to do Rosh more than once outside of games with a lycan/ursa, the players are knowledgeable enough to know when Rosh respawns.

But yeah I didn't imagine the extremely long and probably expensive animation I described would ever be a reality.