Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] "Rematch" option (play next match with same team/opponents)

Basic Member

[Suggestion] "Rematch" option (play next match with same team/opponents)

Ever had that perfect pub game? The one you lost but still had fun and pretty much everybody was thinking "Hey! Let's go again, I think we can beat you" and they were like "Yep, that was pretty close- we definitely should!"

AND THEN:

You have to add everyone to your friends list OR create a private game

You play like one more game, but all the hastle to get it organzied kinda took too much time and it's like "meh..."

SOLUTION!

A big bright "REMATCH!"- button for everyone next to "finish game" which tosses everybody who played back with those guys and enjoyed it back into a pool, first assigning sides like before but with an option to switch around and if guys DIDN'T click rematch they get replaced by people from the queue and over the course of 3 games you find the perfect challenge in opponents and teammates and you CAN EASILY ADD THEM TO YOUR FRIENDS LIST RIGHT FROM THE FINISH GAME SCREEN!

gawd, why isn't that ingame yet guys... here we all talk about building a community and stuff but it IS SO FUCKING COMPLICATED to ACTUALLY meet and keep nice people around-...

*/RANT END/* GO SUPPORT THIS... CAPITAL LETTERS! ...

Other than that, great job valve.
    Last edited by Mauru; 05-13-2012 at 07:09 PM.

I like this idea. Although what if one team is feeding wins to another? They could rematch and do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunker View Post
    I like this idea. Although what if one team is feeding wins to another? They could rematch and do it again.
    Simply don't include matches through rematch in the matchmaking stats and treat it as a practice game instead. Benefits come with a price of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunker View Post
    I don't think I would ever see this feature used legit more than twice, simply adding a given number of times you can rematch should be enough detriment for smurfs.

Basic Member
    ANYONE can opt out all along the rematch process and be replaced with players from the queue. If your team STOMPS the other team and you plan to go again you would naturally and eventually end up against a team which does defeat you (or in the case of you feeding with another team which is also feeding or just playing so bad they don't notice).

If one player annoys the heck out of you and picks rematch just to grief again, you just opt out and go through the regular process.
    Same if you somehow care about your win-statistic and don't want a rematch.

The missing players just get tossed in from the queue just like with the party system.
    Last edited by Mauru; 05-13-2012 at 07:33 PM.

If stats would ever be implemented this could get exploited right?

that being said it's still a good idea +1

People go to great lengths to break the system if they can. Rematches should simply not count as matchmaking because they aren't through matchmaking.

And yes it should be in the game otherwise.

In fact, the same option should be available for practice games as well. Go again without having to go through the whole host a lobby ordeal.
    Last edited by 4saken.infinity; 05-13-2012 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken.infinity View Post
    People go to great lengths to break the system if they can. Rematches should simply not count as matchmaking because they aren't through matchmaking.

And yes it should be in the game otherwise.

In fact, the same option should be available for practice games as well. Go again without having to go through the hole host a lobby ordeal.
    +1 on not counting rematches.

L4D2 has it? why not in dota 2?
    I hate people that put their Rig specs in the signature. This is not overclock.net!
    CPU: AMD Trainwrecker AM5+ 12150 hexacontatetra-core 1.65 Thz | RAM: Corsair Revenge 4TB DDR6 (0.24-0.24-0.36) | GPU: Sapphire 9990 128GB GDDR9 Hexa-Fired (0.65/0.95/1.1Thz) | Resolution: @ 20480x12800
    Connection: - Telus: (70MB/10MB)
    All Specs shown in the signature are fictitious, any resemblance to real hardware, current or obsolete, is purely coincidental

Basic Member
    i like this idea. +1