Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sound effects from other sides of the map

Basic Member
    sound effect is sometimes also gamebreaking, for instance in dota 1 there is this unique lothar activation sounds that can be heard by enemies, you can straight dust them if you aware of the sounds effect. so some of these sounds that overheard by enemy need to remained there , but some sound effects from miles away should be fixed tho.

Some sounds are supposed to be there, but not across the map.
    Goodbye

Basic Member
    I hear QoP ultimate scream across the map, its very low though. I think it adds good to the atmosphere. As long someone on your team has vision of where the sound is happening.

AA ulti you can hear is coming and dodge it

Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    on occasion you can also hear the enemy clockwerk's rocket travelling when fired from fog
    I can confirm this. You can hear the rocket's sound everywhere, that's annoying. I don't know how to reproduce it.

Basic Member
    Sometimes when i disconnect or my friend disconnects we hear each others hero sounds. This seems to be some kind of bug in skype that only applies to dota 2 though.

I frequently hear the sound that plays when you're attacked by creeps or towers, even when my camera is across the map from my hero.
    I have problems with sound a lot, i'll update this as I experience them again.

Basic Member
    I can hear Windrunners 'whooosh' whenever she uses her speed spell from wherever I am on the map. I kind of figured it was intentional since it adds sort of an atmosphere hearing the light sound effects of other heroes attacks as you're doing your thing or whatever.
    I can also sometimes hear enemies jungling before I've got sight of them if I'm nearby. I kind of figured maybe trees were blocking my sight but I was hearing the sound from the area my vision would extend to if there wasn't anything blocking it, I really have no idea though.