Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bots clumping together near Roshan

they are still clumbing, even inside rosh pit. They do NOTHING but watching me doing solo rosh and steal my XP!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bashtime; 06-14-2012 at 11:22 AM.

Basic Member
    Yes, same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bashtime View Post
    they are still clumbing, even inside rosh pit. They do NOTHING but watching me doing solo rosh and steal my XP!
    I have a sort of similar case where my allied bots clumped inside the Roshan pit. However, in my case, they started attacking Roshan after I did.

Basic Member
    I can confirm that I've seen 5 enemy bots (On Easier) difficulty still clumping up outside the Rosh pit after today's update (June 14th).

They didn't leave until they lost their top barracks.

june14th.jpg

Basic Member
    One way to solve this is by attacking Roshan yourself and bringing him towards your Bot allies.

But this bot clumping on Roshan shouldnt even happen in the first place.

Valve Developer
    Still working on figuring out what this is. Currently enemy #1.

Basic Member
    Clumped when wanted to attack:

Clumped when I Attacked - Bane didn't attack (and someone else)

Basic Member
    I've seen this bug today too.
    Maybe that's because when a hero (even a player) want to attack Roshan from the place where bots are (EDIT: I mean the place from the first screen), he'll just get stucked there instead of trying to find his way to Roshan.
    From what I've seen, this is kind of killing games against full bots team, because they can stay watching Roshan for minutes ^^
    Last edited by Matt; 06-23-2012 at 12:53 PM.

One thing I realized is that bots cannot measure the presence of a Mek and an Urn on their team, I had both (with like 8 charges on the Urn), so I could heal Sven just fine. When I start attacking the Roshan myself, then the bots would come inside the pit and help me, but whenever I tried to not tank it myself (as a shadow demon), they would tp out or just run outside.

It happened like 5 times during the same match, at some point I was like "pls just take tier 2 tower" trying to make the bots forget about the Roshan. At some point they actually start doing damage to roshan, and when they decided to retreat I managed to finish the job.

So I'd say ChrisC, make the bots look for items like Mek, Urn, Medallion .. and take those into account. (build those items as well ..)

Off-topic:
    Why Rylai keeps trying to get Aghs? Just make her buy some Bracers and tank up, maybe a cloak after she have like 2 Bracers (then a Drums later) ... idk if she dies less during the early-mid game, she will not be the 3-hit food end-game. ( at least not 0/17/XX ...) And please, let her finish the magic wand =X

Sorry for my bad english. =P

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Still working on figuring out what this is. Currently enemy #1.
    Perhaps it would be a good idea to disable bots' desire to do Roshan completely, until this is figured out?

I've had many practice games destroyed because of this bug.