Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: [Suggestion] Color-Blind Mode

I do agree, daltonism is really bad, and while this is not a must, it should be considered.

Just add a fucking colour blind mode! Seriously most basic need for games, are you debating whether or not to use or not? is that why it is taking so long?

Why wait for some else to do it for you!

Thank-you JayneHJKL! Now my friend can play properly. =)
    Last edited by ShadowReturns; 08-16-2013 at 07:41 AM.
    I like to do stupid stuff even when i know it's stupid.

Basic Member
    Just wondering what a colorblind mode would entail other than different colors for HP bars and stuff? Like completely different textures? My brother is colorblind, and says the game looks like crap. I'm not sure whether he meant it literally or not, but he sees green as brown. Might be too much effort though?

Still waiting on this. Bump

Basic Member
    THANK YOU, VALVE

Basic Member
    Hey, thanks a lot for the work that's already been done on this Valve. As a colorblind player I personally did not have a hard time distinguishing enemies from allies due to my type of colorblindness, BUT I do have a very hard time telling what colors the heroes are along the top bar. Whenever I'm blue, and there is a purple on my team, I have a VERY hard time telling the difference. Players in voice and chat often refer to "blue" as a player, just expecting that everyone knows what that is. I have to constantly ask when playing blue or purple if they're referring to me. I have the same problem with having green/brown/light green or whatever those colors are on the same team as well. If those colors could be named with text in the top bar it would be much appreciated. I know this is a WC3 thing, but it's really unfortunate when team mates want to refer to each other by color.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawke View Post
    Hey, thanks a lot for the work that's already been done on this Valve. As a colorblind player I personally did not have a hard time distinguishing enemies from allies due to my type of colorblindness, BUT I do have a very hard time telling what colors the heroes are along the top bar. Whenever I'm blue, and there is a purple on my team, I have a VERY hard time telling the difference. Players in voice and chat often refer to "blue" as a player, just expecting that everyone knows what that is. I have to constantly ask when playing blue or purple if they're referring to me. I have the same problem with having green/brown/light green or whatever those colors are on the same team as well. If those colors could be named with text in the top bar it would be much appreciated. I know this is a WC3 thing, but it's really unfortunate when team mates want to refer to each other by color.
    Perhaps this would help.

You should probably scold the players if they don't use the hero names FYI.

Although the second player color isn't cyan, sometimes players call that color cyan because that slot technically was cyan in the old game even though the official name was teal. The Blizzard team carried over the color name from Starcraft, where the color actually was teal(unless you were playing on certain tile sets, then the color changed to aqua). But they used the old Warcraft color instead. Calling it cyan in Dota 2 would be incorrect considering the color is greener still, it's basically aqua in Dota 2.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by hoveringmover; 11-22-2013 at 07:52 PM.
    I will mercilessly add to my ignore list anyone that makes an incredibly annoying signature.