View Poll Results: Should Health bars of allies be added to top bar?

Voters
413. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell Yes!

290 70.22%
  • Hell No!

123 29.78%
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: POLL: Show health bar of heros on top bar and indicate low hp warning

Basic Member
    Health bar, mana bar, all skills not only ult

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyestor View Post
    +1 - Look at all these retard Dota 1 purists, how pathetic. "IF IT'S NOT IN DOTA 1 DON'T PUT IT IN DOTA 2. PLEASE REMOVE THE RECONNECT FEATURE, IT MAKES THE GAME TOO EASY."
    Or maybe they are just doing their job as beta testers and enforcing Icefrog's wish to make the game
    • exactly the same as Dota1
    • not easier in any way.

Whether we want health bars or not is beside the point: Icefrog already concluded he doesn't want them, or else they would have been there in the first place.

Basic Member
    Nice for Chen/Omni/Mekansm/Ench and other healers like Abaddon users. But it's too OP option here. For now its hard to kill Healing combo on CW's. That suggestion is silly for me. Healers are already strong now, but they must click the hero on screen to heal him. And then? They will just run around and click on Top panel heroes to heal. Its like i want to cast Goblin rocket or hook by clicking on Top HUD paned and it will automaticly fly directly to them.

For me its too big advantage for healing combo teams. Dont make the game too easy. Healer here must have the same difficult to focus&find their targets as the Carry/casters have

Quote Originally Posted by Aftermath)Nevermore View Post
    Nice for Chen/Omni/Mekansm/Ench and other healers like Abaddon users. But it's too OP option here. For now its hard to kill Healing combo on CW's. That suggestion is silly for me. Healers are already strong now, but they must click the hero on screen to heal him. And then? They will just run around and click on Top panel heroes to heal. Its like i want to cast Goblin rocket or hook by clicking on Top HUD paned and it will automaticly fly directly to them.

For me its too big advantage for healing combo teams. Dont make the game too easy. Healer here must have the same difficult to focus&find their targets as the Carry/casters have
    I think you are mixing two different things in the suggestion, this isn't about clicking in the top screen. That as a matter of fact, is silly. The suggestion is clear and precise, option to show HP bars for your allies, not clicking on their top portrait to select them nor clicking on the enemy top portrait to attack them. I don't know how you have come to such conclusion.

Either way, it's not a huge advantage for healers, as i repeated myself countless of times here, the skill and difficulty is still there, you can't just click on the top screen, you need to target the hero manually and decide who must be healed first, more than just an advantage for healers, it could prove useful for teamplayers as well, making many of them aware of how their team fares against the enemy.

PS: As far as we know, DOTA2 is still on beta (regardless of every feature implemented so far) and as such, it's open to any (constructive) feedback the community could give, but if someone come with a post with less coherence than a hyena in rabies raging about "MAKIN GAME TOO EZ", that doesn't help nor the devs. nor the community itself.
    That's the problem, not everyone do their job as intended, most of them just rage because someone suggest something that they don't think is good (you may see here how many posts are non-constructive and just plain trolling). In regards of this feature, Icefrog haven't said a thing, true, but the same thing happened with many features that were changed in the course of DOTA2, so, as long as the product is still in beta, DOTA2 can be improved due positive feedback.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Enai Siaion View Post
    Whether we want health bars or not is beside the point: Icefrog already concluded he doesn't want them, or else they would have been there in the first place.
    That's an argument which would preclude ever making any changes to the UI, removing the point of seeking beta feedback. It's also at odds with what they've done in the past. The July 12 update made Roshan's health bar appear larger, for instance, and in an earlier update they added an icon which appears on the top bar for 5 seconds after someone had bought back in. Couldn't you equally have said "Icefrog already concluded that there shouldn't be a buyback icon, or it would have been there in the first place!"?

Chen ftw +1

Quote Originally Posted by Enai Siaion View Post
    Or maybe they are just doing their job as beta testers and enforcing Icefrog's wish to make the game
    • exactly the same as Dota1
    • not easier in any way.

I would really like you to give me the source of the post in which Icefrog specifically states that he wants DotA 2 to be 100% the same as the original DotA. Because he is working at Valve and is most likely the one approving many design decisions.

Basic Member
    NOOO

Yes, and let me cast spells on them by pressing on that icon as an option.

+1 Support/Nice suggestion.
    Click it