Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Nerf Zeus Utli Sound

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by f0rU View Post
    Taking time to wither agree or not. Nerf Zeus' ulti's sound, and some players with low - average PC sound system specs might not appreciate the effect. You should just tweak your PC's sound system, for now.
    its the quantity (volume) of the sound, not quality (details, resolution or nuance) which has nothing to do with classes of sound system

I was thinking about it, and I thought, the main problem is not even volume of the sound, but the element of suddenness itself. In the real life, sound goes after the lightning.
    It gave me an idea, so maybe if this sound delay could be implemented in the game it would give time for a player to react for the sound blast that comes after?
    I cant help myself but to get a short shock almost every time it happens lol.

Basic Member
    i think there used to be an option in low-end speakers which enables u to turn down the volume ? not sure if the hi-end one's get those ?

It gets me startled every time. I think it's meant to do that. In any case... Not bad.

Daily PC gaming news (RPS): http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/

The problem is that every hit enemy causes that thunder.. and the sounds stack in Dota2, leading in a really loud sound when all 5 enemies and Zeus are on your screen.

It should only play one global sound imo, instead of 5 local sounds and one global (the sound from Zeus is global, while the enemies have a local sound)
    Please, just call me buny.

Just tune your sound down when you see that someone is playing Zeus.
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    boy im glad all these qualified and educated game designers have come to the forums to help dota 2 grow

Basic Member
    then i wouldnt enjoy all the rest amazing sound effect :P

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyPepsi View Post
    then i wouldnt enjoy all the rest amazing sound effect :P
    This.

I think the guy who mentioned that the sound from zeus' ultimate stacks is right. I just played a game of dots 2 and Zeus ultid and there weren't any enemies or allies on the vicinity and the ultimate wasn't really very loud, compared to when he use it in a teamfight.

^ But I actually like that, it makes the Ultimate WAY more epic in a big teamfight. Imo it is perfect as it is now, although I sometimes jump a little in my chair, too.

It has made me jump a few times, but I kind of like it lol. I mean he is zues...you should be shocked by his presence. *rimshot*