Thread: [Fixed] Cannot place wards on destroyed buildings for several seconds

Basic Member

[Fixed] Cannot place wards on destroyed buildings for several seconds

Summary:
    For about 7 seconds after a building is destroyed, observer and sentry wards cannot be placed where it used to be.

Repro:
    1) Destroy any tower or base building (works for either radiant or dire).
    2) Try to place a ward on that spot within the next 7 seconds.

Result:
    The ward will fail to be placed, with the message "Invalid Location For Ward".

Expected:
    A ward will be immediately placed, as is possible in Dota 1.

I discovered this bug while playing game 16384195 at around 51:33. As crystal maiden I tried to drop a sentry ward at the site of the dire tier 3 top tower just as it fell, as is my habit from Dota 1. I knew there was a bounty hunter coming for me, but I failed to place the ward twice in a row due to this bug and promptly died

Tested on dire and radiant buildings, towers and buildings inside the base, and with both observer and sentry wards. Tested in Dota 1 to confirm that behavior is indeed inconsistent.

Basic Member
    Can confirm.

added to sticky.
    Before posting a bug read the Bug posting guidelines first and check the Known Bugs list For existing bugs.

Use the report () button when you need help from a Moderator.

Basic Member
    Seems that buildings do have invisible corpses that has to decay as usual units do before you are able to put wards here. Can't try to check that out, has to update Dota 2 for that, but one could try to use Raise Dead near a destroyed building provided that no other corpses are around.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZzZombo View Post
    Seems that buildings do have invisible corpses that has to decay as usual units do before you are able to put wards here. Can't try to check that out, has to update Dota 2 for that, but one could try to use Raise Dead near a destroyed building provided that no other corpses are around.
    Even better, just fortify your structures once one of them fallen, you'll see that BKB effect on supposedly destroyed building. Structures shouldn't have corpses. Open new bug?