Page 4 of 153 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Dota 2 Lore Megathread

Quote Originally Posted by The_Codfish View Post
    The Lone Druid is talking about how Enchantress is basically a mix of an animal and human, as if she was capable of transforming from one form to another and just got confused of which one she was and decided to settle for a mix, so I don't really think Lone Druid had a relationship with Enchantress.

It does seem like Ursa knows Enchantress, so there's that. But to be honest, I think all the heroes are aware of each other on some level. Like Necrolyte and Pudge or Skeleton King and Akasha. Basically, they know each other because of the war or because they're "famous" in some way. Like Enchantress travels the forests while trying to aid the creatures who live there, and that "job" of hers would bring her in close contact with creatures like Ursa. Uh, get what I'm trying to say?
    A true steward of the forest, Aiushtha befriends all within it - from lowly trolls to powerful centaurs.

I seriously hope that I have finally nailed it. Because the connected heroes section is slowly turning into a big mess. At least html-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by 1337_n00b View Post
    &((&)&)+
    I'll get friends to play team Hippie at some point

From Broodmother's lines:
    -Nyx Assassin, I've some of your cousins in my larder.

Could this mean that Broodmother is somewhat related to Nyx? Why would she has his cousins? They are her prey?
    "HUMAN ELEMENT"

A possible thing to add: Spectre says "You speak not the speech of the Ascendants" so this might be her Language. O_o (I know that it's just her talking with her talking backwards on top, but still)
    Last edited by TheWilder; 05-19-2012 at 09:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    boy im glad all these qualified and educated game designers have come to the forums to help dota 2 grow

Also, Spirit Breaker knows Leshrac:
    -Leshrac, a fellow walker between the planes.
    -Leshrac, I expected more from a fellow walker between the planes.

Maybe, they belong to the same race? Planeswalker?

Also, this one confirmed that Leshrac is also come from another universe.
    "HUMAN ELEMENT"

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowThanatos View Post
    From Broodmother's lines:
    -Nyx Assassin, I've some of your cousins in my larder.

Could this mean that Broodmother is somewhat related to Nyx? Why would she has his cousins? They are her prey?
    Spiders eat other insects. Nyx is an insect. So, presumably, his cousins are insects and Broodmother is eating them (though, she could pretty much eat any organic being).

So hey, guys, can I get all of your opinions on something? Can anyone give their opinion on what constitutes as a "plane"? 'Cause I feel as if the 7 Hells, the Underscape, and the place where Void came from could all be considered planes.

Oh also, if you really want to be extremely precise about those Locations you could add Temple of Mene for Mirana, she talks about it. "I had a vision of this place in the Temple of Mene, but I had no idea it was a prophecy."
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    boy im glad all these qualified and educated game designers have come to the forums to help dota 2 grow

Can anyone give their opinion on what constitutes as a "plane"? 'Cause I feel as if the 7 Hells, the Underscape, and the place where Void came from could all be considered planes.
    I'd say that a plane is, basically, a parallel world. So we can't be really sure about the 7 Hells or the Underscape, since both can be located in the world where Dota 2 takes place, while Void can be considered a planeswalker. That would, however, put a scary amount of heroes in that cathegory, so I'll be wise and just make one for the three... and wait for others to be called planeswalkers by the man who clearly knows his planes - the Spirit Breaker.

The post is updated yet again, many tanks for reminding me about the Spectre's existance and the Temple of Mene.

Well, I'm not so sure the 7 Hells or the Underscape are located on the world. It's just how, in Shadow Demon's lore, the world where Dota takes place is called the "material plane", so...plus, the way he calls Razor a "power in the Underscape". Do you get what I mean? Plus, if parallel worlds count as separate planes of existences, I feel like the 7 Hells and Underscape could be considered planes as well (even though we don't know that much of the Underscape yet, but I don't think it's been mentioned as a location on the world yet).

What with Spectre moving up and down levels of existences, it seems like "afterlife"-like areas (such as the Nothl Realm) count as planes as well.

In the end, it makes categorizing things easier for us if we can just lump together all the seemingly unrelated characters together as simply being "planeswalkers" (though grouping them whenever possible). Like Zeus.
    Last edited by The_Codfish; 05-19-2012 at 11:13 AM.