Page 5 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Dota 2 Lore Megathread

Well they are different types of worlds and planes, Dark Seer's world is definitely a "parallel world", while Leshrac, Spectre and Spirit Breaker seem to have gone/come from the dota 2 world, but from different energy states of it.
    Spectre comes from a level has a higher energy state and has stabilized to this plane, like Spirit breaker, a being of pure ethereal energy, created a form for here. Leshrac possibly visited a plane similar to the one of Spirit Breaker, since they both seem infused with the same bluish energy.
    The demons and Underscape just are similar to the material world, maybe different dimensions but still.
    Anything else is basically parallel worldish. I think xD...

So what is everyone's stance on Alchemist? Same race as Tinksnipewerk or not?

Quote Originally Posted by El Maiz View Post
    Sniper's > Gnomes/Dawrves
    Alchemist > Goblin

That's my stance. I don't think they even look alike, although it could be similar enough for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincitatus View Post
    Spectre comes from a level has a higher energy state and has stabilized to this plane
    I am fairly certain that with the quote "Just as higher states of energy seek a lower level, the Spectre known as Mercurial is a being of intense and violent energy who finds herself irresistibly drawn to scenes of strife", they meant the physics phenomenon of energy levels inside atoms, not actually describing the plane that Spectre comes from. Or, more straight forward, I believe that that quote is an analogy, not a description.

Quote Originally Posted by El Maiz View Post
    There is zero evidence either way. Nothing is mentioned in lore nor in voicework, their bodies differ too much (but this is also the case for Tinker/Sniper/Clockwerk), etc, etc. For now, in my opinion, it's best if we don't try to create any king of link between Alchemist and the three cousins.
    To keep these forums clean and friendly, please read and follow the forum rules.
    Before making a new thread, be sure to have used search, as well as checking the stickies of the appropriate section.

Lore moderator.

A good addition to this thread would be an already made Dota2 World Map. Credit goes to HippoVic.
    Since it's already promoted on many places, including this forum, you might as well add it to the post: http://dota2.gk99.com/eng_map/
    Last edited by CreepyPasta; 05-19-2012 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hefaistus View Post
    I am fairly certain that with the quote "Just as higher states of energy seek a lower level, the Spectre known as Mercurial is a being of intense and violent energy who finds herself irresistibly drawn to scenes of strife", they meant the physics phenomenon of energy levels inside atoms. Or, more straight forward, I believe that that quote is an analogy, not a description.
    Well I just saw it as an analogy to describe Spectre's plane^^ I agree that it's a electron cloud energy level reference, but it could be arguably applied to a whole plane of existence.... Sort of... xD
    I'm pretty sure about the part that Spirit breaker and Leshrac both come from a dimension where the primary "fundamental" world energies exist, arguably at the opposite end of Spectre's.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincitatus View Post
    Well they are different types of worlds and planes, Dark Seer's world is definitely a "parallel world", while Leshrac, Spectre and Spirit Breaker seem to have gone/come from the dota 2 world, but from different energy states of it.
    Spectre comes from a level has a higher energy state and has stabilized to this plane, like Spirit breaker, a being of pure ethereal energy, created a form for here. Leshrac possibly visited a plane similar to the one of Spirit Breaker, since they both seem infused with the same bluish energy.
    The demons and Underscape just are similar to the material world, maybe different dimensions but still.
    Anything else is basically parallel worldish. I think xD...
    Like I said, it's because of the wording in Shadow Demon's Lore that seems to imply that the 7 Hells is a different plane from the "material plane".

I don't know much about DnD, so I wouldn't know what "planes" mean there, but I do think it basically means a "different level of existence" and it seems like the characters mentioned so far do live in a separate place from the material plane.

Quote Originally Posted by CreepyPasta View Post
    A good addition to this thread would be an already made Dota2 World Map. Credit goes to HippoVic.
    Since it's already promoted on many places, including this forum, you might as well add it to the post: http://dota2.gk99.com/eng_map/
    That's a nice map.

But it is still fan-made, no matter how well done. Though as long as Valve never actually specifies where each location is in relation to one another, it might as well be official. One complaint I've got is Barathrum's 'home' being listen on the map, since I'm pretty sure the word "elemental" in elemental realm was just supposed to be an adjective.
    Last edited by The_Codfish; 05-19-2012 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Codfish View Post
    But it is still fan-made, no matter how well done.
    I don't think anyone took the map seriously. Not just barathrum's case, there's the whole weirdness of the "Outer Land" on there, which places the "Land behind the Wall", arguably a different dimension, togheter with the Nothl Realm, decidedly a real geographical location, grouped together in their own, at the lack of a better description "Gensokyo-like" pocket dimension. Both along with "The Void" which is actually easily be interpreted as mere outer space, the "Land on the Rim" being some place on the edge of the solar system before the big empty space beyond, or something along those lines (Makes sense due to OD "watching the stars" and later heading "Sunwards" in his lore).

Basic Member
    I think Alchemist is just really small for his species. Malnourished maybe?

I don't think anyone took the map seriously. Not just barathrum's case, there's the whole weirdness of the "Outer Land" on there, which places the "Land behind the Wall", arguably a different dimension, togheter with the Nothl Realm, decidedly a real geographical location, grouped together in their own, at the lack of a better description "Gensokyo-like" pocket dimension. Both along with "The Void" which is actually easily be interpreted as mere outer space, the "Land on the Rim" being some place on the edge of the solar system before the big empty space beyond, or something along those lines (Makes sense due to OD "watching the stars" and later heading "Sunwards" in his lore).
    It proves useful for this moment, before they release an official one. It's good to have a visual perspective, an imagination of some sort, where things are. I agree, there are many things wrong, but it can be reworked.