Thread: Faceless Void

Faceless Void

Faceless Void is a visitor from Claszureme, a realm outside of time. It remains a mystery why this being from another dimension believes the struggle for the Nemesis Stones is worth entering our physical plane, but apparently an upset in the balance of power on the battlefield of Dota has repercussions in adjacent dimensions. Time means nothing to him, except as a way to thwart his foes and aid his allies. His long-view of the cosmos has given him a remote, disconnected quality, although in battle he is quite capable of making it personal.

"Struggle for the Nemesis Stones"? It's getting interesting.

I like that the story emphasizes on Void's alienness but tbh I am not a big fan of all the alternate/adjacent dimesions stories (same with Spectre). It could simply be a place in the world of Dota in which time has no meaning/power for whatever reason.

Basic Member
    Things start to get messy when you start talking about a being for whom time means nothing. I mean, how could a being like that ever lose? Also, isn't it kinda odd to mention DotA in the story? "... on the battlefield of Defence of the Ancients has repercussions ... " seems wrong to me. I would consider modifying the story to something along the lines of:

Claszureme, the realm of the Timekeepers, has long ensured the uninterrupted passage of time for the worlds under its dominion. With the rising power of the Nemesis Stones, the grip on time that the Timekeepers maintain is weakening. Faceless Void, a master time manipulator and the greatest of Claszureme's warriors has been sent to destroy the stones to prevent chaos that threatens existence itself.

You could probably flesh this out a bit more with descriptions of his abilities as well.
    Last edited by slam; 09-15-2011 at 05:28 PM.

Basic Member
    I agree with slam on the DotA bit. The use of the word (or abbreviation?) confuses me.
    And I kinda like his version of the origin story...
    Maybe it's because I prefer to know the motives or agenda of the characters rather than have that be a mystery to be solved later (I assume VALVe has plans to build upon the lore and keep it interesting). Keep it a mystery WHY he came if you must but I would like to know more about Void himself like his attitude or his purpose. He is obviously a warrior which is odd considering it is implied that he used to be more of a watcher.

Maybe he could be a watcher gone roque who decided to take action in the flow of time rather than let it happen. That would give the reader something about his personality without giving away what he tries to change or why. So there is enough to build upon in the future while giving Void more of an identity.

Basic Member
    Also probably more dramatic if this realm of his doesn't have a name.

I actually like the name of the realm, but making him i actually prefer the way slam approached Void since the way OP approached currently it looks like there's no way for void to lose....

Basic Member
    I like the idea that he is just completely disconnected from the whole scene, and that he is in strife to collect these mysterious nemsis stones. The whole writing Dota thing is a little werid, but so is Void, so whatever. Time-man.

Basic Member
    He left Claszureme, no he was sent from Claszureme, for The Stones were stolen from his realm by a character with a silver tongue and always surrounded by shadows (shopkeeper/radiant hero?). Suddenly after eons of searching he sees a glimpse of The Stones on the battlefield where he meets The Dire to whom he pledge allegiance for they will help him take back the Stones,
    The Dire is cunning, who else can be more perfect match for this kind of battle, the eternal battle than the warrior who knows not what the time is, to whom eternity is just small part of existence.

Translator
    10/10