Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Main problem

Basic Member

Main problem

UPDATED: Dashboard:

It looks to much like the Apple dashboard, I feel like I'm on a website, not an actual in game menu.

Animation to slow.

Also what are battle points? Are we just expected to know what they are?

Most of the new hero portraits look like a step back from the original ones. (Drow, Sand King, Earthshaker)

Chen looks like he is possessed by a demon. Invoker's head is to small for his outfit.

Clicking sound effects are to subtle.

Hero Picker:

The reason why the old one is better was the ability to see all the heroes at once and really determine who you wanted to play and why. This new system makes it seemed closed off and cold. Like you HAVE to pick one of the heroes you chose as the topic of your drop down menu. The playing cards feel cheap and outdated, like I'm playing some weird dungeons and dragons spinoff.

Also, what if you determine a hero to be in a role the game doesn't classify them as? I know many examples of this. The constant scrolling can get confusing to a new player and they can forget about heroes not on their usual scroll list if they aren't careful.

The only good thing is the spin to random. YES I KNOW THERE IS GRID VIEW but it looks way worse then before, all the heroes look cramped and messy. Waste of time revamping it.
    Last edited by zachberg; 05-23-2012 at 04:17 PM.

120mb left to download!

Well aren't we cocky

Good hunting :P

Master! Master! Master of the problem!
    ^^

This whole "card" thing is pretty stupid as well in my opinion. It was almost perfect how it was before

Quote Originally Posted by zachberg View Post
    Also what are battle points? Are we just expected to know what they are?

Most of the new hero portraits look like a step back from the original ones. (Drow, Sand King, Earthshaker)

Chen looks like he is possessed by a demon. Invoker's head is to small for his outfit.

Clicking sound effects are to subtle.
    Battle points - they've replaced XP in the stable client, presumably the same thing.

Chen's portrait I like, it looks religiously insane. Invoker's portrait I disagree with, he's just got a huge collar.

Agree about Earthshaker's portrait. Also, Lina's is ridiculous (about half the picture is just boobs).

Simplicity

I really think... this is kind of over the top. I also think of players in asia (like DK) who had trouble learning the interface will really suffer from this. I like simplicity, the old one was perfect.

EDIT: Even HuskyStarcraft said how good the UI is. It didn't need a change, i honestly loved the old one. If possible maybe add swap & suggest hero to the old ui and it is perfect .
    Last edited by Shibbywan; 05-23-2012 at 06:47 PM.

Basic Member
    Although the idea is good in theory, in practice, it's much harder to navigate the hero pool now. Even in grid format, it's harder to find and select the hero you would like to play quickly. In wheel format, it's almost impossible to find the hero without searching by name. Recommended starter heroes is fine, wheel format is not.

why is the background pink? thats my only real issue. i do like it otherwise

The whole thing seems too busy and complicated...