Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback

Basic Member

Feedback

It doesn't feel like a game dashboard, more like a terribly designed website.

Here are my concerns:

• There is a lot more dead space than there was before.
    • It doesn't even feel like a lobby anymore which I thought was an awesome feel when you first started up the game. This feels like starcraft 2 UI which is NOT a good thing. I can see how you want to change the way it looks but keeping the same layout would be better. Everything made so much sense where it was before. Friends should be next to chat, not under. Chat should be larger and centered, not such a tiny box on the side, etc.
    • Why are the loss/abandon gone? It's not like others could see it, why hide it from me?
    • Top live matches are gone, which is a downer. I liked them on my front page.
    • The number of players online is also gone, it's a nice thing to have I don't know why it's gone now.
    Last edited by Glasse; 05-23-2012 at 04:39 PM.

Basic Member
    What a constructive way to start your post...

All you had to do was leave out that first line.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zepharim View Post
    What a constructive way to start your post...

All you had to do was leave out that first line.
    Meh, that's just how I feel about it. The layout is an abomination. I removed it though because you are probably right.

You're not alone. I personally hate it too. I liked the old one, this one just seemed cluttered and weird. To top it off, some character portraits look really stupid now. Ursa warrior repping that camera below the waist and not fitting on the entire portrait. Etc. I liked the old dashboard. Simple, effective, and gets the job done just fine.
    Last edited by tortoos; 05-23-2012 at 04:41 PM.

Basic Member
    they took out losses....? i liked knowing my win-loss ratio. hopefully its put back, dont like how games like league only show the positive things to encourage optimism

i agree. the new dashboard is a bit ugly :/ i prefer the old one. the old was really nice and used all the space, this one cramped everything in and made everything small.....

Basic Member
    I really like the re-design/refinements of some stuff. I just wished that they refined the old dashboard because it was really nice having a lobby. It almost feels like bnet right now which is not a good thing.

I feel like what is really missing from this UI is the ability to manually personize it to your liking. Some people might want their chat bigger or placed in the bottom like before ect. It really is a cool UI thought, good job

Basic Member
    1. new dash: looks busy, too much space wasted for the background and the background itself is just ugly. but on a good way
    2. trading card style is totally NOT what dota needs. the old hero selection was way better.
    3. new learn hero portraits are looking 10x worse than the onces we had before.
    4. ogre looks like he is still in beta. but i think he will turn out to look just awesome.

i mean, it is really nice to see that valve tries to implement innovative new features but they shouldn't keep all of them (like the upcoming patch).

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iishy View Post
    I really like the re-design/refinements of some stuff. I just wished that they refined the old dashboard because it was really nice having a lobby. It almost feels like bnet right now which is not a good thing.
    This is pretty much spot on.