Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New adjustments for weaker pc's

-edited coz of double post-
    Last edited by radioactivfishy; 05-23-2012 at 07:36 PM.

Having a HUGE FPS drop here too. My PC feels like a god before the new patch with all settings to max and all.

But now it feels like my PC can't even handle a simple UI change since it lags so much in the lobby that I could barely move my mouse.

EDIT: I tried using "+dota_embers 0" and it certainly didn't help at all. It managed to increase FPS on some parts but most of the time, just plain lag.

Annoying, honestly. Low-end PCs will now have a hard time since the game hogs a lot.

Is this still lagging on low-end PC's? any chance to get a fix? ... cuz tonight is the night, and i dont wanna get fkd up by lights sparkles and cosmetic stuff

buy a new pc

Basic Member
    Wow O-o, the new dashboard dont give me problems at all D:
    It is all good but I agree that the new dashboard can be a little strong for weaker pc"s
    But i think that new dashboard it is still in beta so they can change a little things
    But that new dashboard looks AWESOME

Basic Member
    The patch today seems to had fixed the problem
    Im very thankful now even i can enjoy the new dashboard

Turning the embers off slightly improves the FPS drop for me, but it's still definetly there.

Even after turning off the embers, it still lags heavily in my profile. I could run the portrait animations just fine before, no clue why it would make my fps drop now. :/

Yea, the Profileside with the three most successful Heroes are hurting my poor computer. Does'nt happend before with the old Menu.

Basic Member
    My dashboard is fine until I start looking at my Dota profile. Just massive drop in FPS across the whole board: So slow embers, slow mouse, and using the In-Game Overlay is also very laggy.

My specs:

core i5 2400 OC'd to 3.8Ghz
    GTX560 1GB 810Mhz
    8GB 1600MHZ Ram
    128GB SSD

Dota 2 Graphics settings: Max for everything, NVidia Drivers set to Max performance for Single Display, with Threaded Optimisation. Rest is application controlled.

Those should be relevant towards this =]