Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: New adjustments for weaker pc's

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    For me, the fps is just fine until I try to access someone's Dota profile. Then it drops from around 30 to 3. I would put thsi down to my bad PC being unable to render the detailed hero portraits, but it persists if I switch to match history or heroes played.
    +1. It happens exactly the same. But i have other useful (I think) information.

I have crossfire. With it enabled, on the dashboard until i go ingame, i get 6 fps instead 60.
    If i disable it, dashboard runs at 60 fps except when i go to the profile screen (with the stats and stuff)
    Typing -nod3d9ex in launch options solves the same,except for the profile screen and it causes random crashes when minimize/alt tab.I can go crossfire with it aswell.

With the dota_embers 0, in dashboard I get 60 fps even with the crossfire active, but it drops to around 3 when i go to the profile tab.

I have always run the game at 60 fps in any moment until this update, hope its enough info for the devs to solve it...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    This, when in the my profile page it's probably the worst.
    I dont think its about portraits, they run smooth in the "learn" screen (or whatever its called, the screen with the info of the heroes and their history), but if the same doesnt go well in the profile screen...must be something in the profile screen,I guess.

is there any way to choose dota_ember 1 and get no fps drop ?

MODs can u plz move this thread to the Performance & Technical Support section ?

it doesnt belong to this section
    Last edited by joker; 06-14-2012 at 11:44 AM.

Basic Member
    dota_embers 0 seems to have fixed it for me 6870 crossfire on.

Basic Member
    http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=49178&p=302432 Here's my thread, having kinda same problems, dota_embers doesnt helps.