Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: New Hero Picker feedback

Basic Member
    i hate new picking screen!

For the hundred time, Valve, simply totally revert it to the old one (hero picker). I actually really like the new dashboard (some of those new portraits are just eyerape).

Basic Member
    PLEASE make ALL heroes being picked CLEARLY visible in one place....

Its an issue I have with the current RD mode. I want to CLEARLY see the heroes in the pool separately....

I appreciate the effort but please change it. Not saying change it back, but change it so we can see ALL heroes you can pick for all modes SEPARATELY

New dash is sexy though keep up the great work

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ViciousJawa View Post
    I really don't understand what they are trying to do either.
    Are we playing Magic the Gathering or something? Why would we even want a card based selection? Why would it be default? Why were man hours wasted on making this and has whoever made the grid view ever heard of proportions? Everything is extremely stretched.

I'd like to give some constructive feedback, but to be honest it's just a complete mess. All of it.
    It makes sense if your doing load outs. Cause you can create a new card for each load out.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasp3r View Post
    PLEASE make ALL heroes being picked CLEARLY visible in one place....

Its an issue I have with the current RD mode. I want to CLEARLY see the heroes in the pool separately....

I appreciate the effort but please change it. Not saying change it back, but change it so we can see ALL heroes you can pick for all modes SEPARATELY

New dash is sexy though keep up the great work
    +1 this is the way to go valve!

I just had to come because mew couldn't believe just how much I disliked this picking screen- It makes mew want to FLAME >.<

First of all, scrolling 1 by 1 is something that will work whenever there's only a few choices.. TF2 has 9 choices and all are on the screen simulatenously because scrolling through 9 would be a PAIN. DotA has like 100+ heroes, ONE HUNDRED NYA! Would anyone scroll over a hundred heroes to find one? No!
    Yeah you can search and filter but... When a game starts many people don't know what they'll pick.. they will BROWSE NYA! This is impossible to browse. Unless I know exactly what hero I want this is horrible.. And even if I knew what hero I wanted, it would be even FASTER in the old pick screen nya.

Sort by roles? People on pubs won't pick based on role. Even if mew knows the tema needs a support I wouldn't want to see all supports. I know which ones I enjoy playing and I know where they are on the taverns/grid from before! Picking a Hero in DotA1 took 2 clicks, in DotA2 it improved to just ONE click- even if you had no idea which one you wanted. Now it could take up to 100 or more to find whatever.

It doesn't even seem good for those people new to DotA. The old screen had their Bio/Info and roles in plain text next to their portrait after you had clicked on it. In this one there's only some weird confusing little icons that are misleading... And not that anyone praised the "tags" system for heroes, some just have like all roles and it doesn't tell anything to a new player.. Specially not how to play it- Only a guide or an experienced player can tell you that nya. It's not going to take out the "How do I play this hero?" question out by any means.

Also it looks very ugly and dark and it can't even fit vital information like the old one which had stats/tags/biography and there were more than enough spaces to put over 110 heroes without it looking cramped. Worst case scenario I would prefer the DotA1 tavern system as long as it takes 1 click to be able to check out a different one and then see 20+ heroes all in the same screen to choose from.

EDIT: New's flash. Cant even tell within 1 second of looking at it what heroes are available in RD and SD modes nya.

FINALLY: LOOK AT THE LEARN TAB NYA. YOU CAN FILTER BY ROLE AND STUFF TOO.
    Last edited by ChibiNya; 05-23-2012 at 06:56 PM.

Basic Member
    i have to agree with the general response towards the new hero picker, its just terrible, a huge step back. Ill honestly be extremely disappointed if this get implemented beyond the test server - the hero portraits in particular look much worse (like rage-inducing worse.

The new hero pick screen is kinda awkward if this is applied in-game. Its a lot harder to navigate and search your hero especially in an actual game since you need to think fast.

However, I find this pick screen effective and visually appealing if it only was in the LEARN tab. Since in the learn tab, you have all the time you want and you can read all the info you need.

Conclusion: Remove from hero selection screen, implement to learn tab.

The new selection is not bad, but you are taking away the feel that comes along with this kind of games. It was easier to pick you hero and read his skills and lore ( faster and better) but I like that you added the tips in there (if udge card it says he is durable, dissabler, etc) I really liked that but you should find a way to mix this two things together.

Banned
    do you retarded morons know you can hit ctrl and get the grid style