Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: New Hero Picker feedback

I really liked the cards in the hero selection, but the way you pick the heroes is terrible, i mean, we have a lot of heroes to choose, we can't use a ring to choose one because we'll need to spin it on and on and on.

Sure, we have filters but that's the thing, we shouldn't need filters for the main hero selection. I think the devs are trying to break the hero selection model with something new, but currently a grid works just fine. Having to spin the cards looking for a hero feels a little dizzy overtime (alternately you can push CTRL to see the grid, yea we all know that, but the thing is, we should need to do that, it's unnecesary).

I'd say, implement the cards and the grid but not the card spinning. Again the cards are awesome, so as the portraits (Lycan looks just so badass in there).

Basic Member
    Picking a hero at the start of the game is not a place where we need fancy effects. It's a place where things should be kept simple and straightforward; the old setup, while maybe a bit too simplistic in its style, worked very well in that functionality and that's where improvements should be made.

The scrolling view needs nothing said, it should not be default and it completely fails at making things easier for players. The grid view could almost be redeemed if visibility was improved, and the cards DIDN'T OVERLAP. Why are they overlapping each other? Why??? Are the heroes in front more important than the ones below - is that why the ones in front get more of their card shown? What is the point of making heroes into cards like this, stylistically, game lore wise, gameplay wise, etc?
    Last edited by AWZX; 05-23-2012 at 08:18 PM.

Basic Member
    the old grid with cards is the correct evolution...

This card scrolling iTunes cartoon bologna has got to go. Again, plz reprimand the new HCI guy.

I like the old one cuz, you know, you could see all the heroes at once.

Basic Member
    Please valve, the new portairs realy suck, low graphics, the hero selection is complicated and confuse, the new interface too. i will not restart my dota 2 xD

The new hero picker is overly complex, even using the simplified option when you hit CTRL the images are squished...it just feels messy. They should have just built upon the old one instead of making a new one. The new hero picker is truly terrible.

Basic Member
    dislike new pick =/

Basic Member
    This is over complicated and an unnecessary amount of work to find a hero. Yes, I know there is a Grid view but the Card Reel.. is just ugly. It doesn't function very well and honestly it's quite intimidating to new people. A grid view might not be the most informative but it's simple and easy to approach. Make the Grid definitely the default and I don't think it's to much of an issue. Grid should also stay in Grid mode even when I select my hero. Don't throw me back to the reel. I'm in Grid Mode because I want to be and not just use it for a quick "Find" in the terrible reel. People like Simple and Clean, this is not Simple or Clean. If you must go with a card reel then simplify it and less noise.

I just want it gone. Or an option to revert to the old one.

Basic Member
    the cards look like shit, dont fit the feel of the game (unless this is becoming Magic the Gathering: Defense of the Ancients 2) and generally should be mocked and hated upon until Valve realizes how badly they fucked up and reprimand whatever numbskull gave the go-ahead for it.
    Changing portraits is fine.