Thread: Borders too thick in the new grid mode

Borders too thick in the new grid mode

Posted this in a reply on the dashboard forum but this seems like a more appropriate place

In the new grid view, far too much space is taken up by the borders of cards.

Attachment 6517

on a 1080 monitor, each card is only 60 pixels across, but the distance between images is around 80! that's a whole 1/4 of the vertical space being taken up by unnecessary borders in grid view. The solution to this obviously is to exclude the borders for the main grid view and only show them when "inspecting" a hero, this will allow far more space for the hero portrait itself which will improve readability of heroes.

Additionally, many of the new icons are too dark or have awkward lighting which make them hard to read (new kunkka and omni for instance)

finally, I'd like to be able to cut off any forced interaction with the spindle / "cover flow" style interface, which I assume is designed for newbies who choose to limit hero availability.

Basic Member
    I agree, cards are way too small and way too much wasted space. Especially on 5:4 (4:3) monitors.

http://h9.abload.de/img/unbenannt-1x89xa.png
    (ignore the red arrow)

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito View Post
    I agree, cards are way too small and way too much wasted space. Especially on 5:4 (4:3) monitors.

http://h9.abload.de/img/unbenannt-1x89xa.png
    (ignore the red arrow)
    Imagine fitting 110 heroes in that screen.

They will fit fine. There is only one Dire INT hero left and that section has no problem, and no section will have more heroes than that.