Thread: Needs quick jump to first letter, more accessible filters

Needs quick jump to first letter, more accessible filters

I think the main issue with the default view is you can't get to the hero you want quickly. Its nice that they are alphabetized but you still have to do a lot of scrolling.

What I suggest is having a row right below the cards with all the letters of the alphabet, and clicking on one jumps to the first hero that starts with that letter. A horizontal scroll bar here might help too.

Also, the filters are great, but using them requires too much clicking. I don't think that pulldown menus are the right choice here.

I think it would be better to have the primary attribute and role filters as a vertical list of radio buttons (always visible) on the lefthand side of the screen. By default the "All" radio button would be selected, but then you could instantly jump to just support heroes for instance with a single click. And one more click would narrow it down to INT supports.

This way players could very quickly drill down to the types of heroes they feel like playing, or quickly jump to a specific hero with very few mouse movements.

Agreed, dropdown menus are a pain here. Should be just a list of clickable icons on the side.

To be honest, they should simply revert it entirely to the old hero picker (the grid like hero picker, that is). It was clear enough and really didn't need a system change (I guess little optimizations could have still been made).

I think the new one is more usable in theory, if some improvements are made. Unless you have been playing for a long time and already know all the heroes by heart, that big wall of icons was pretty unhelpful. You had to individually select a hero to see anything about them other than a tiny picture of their face. The cards make it easier to browse different heroes and quickly see what their properties are.

Basic Member
    the first thing you should do as a new player is go to the learn tab and read through all the heroes.
    you should have effective knowledge of most the heroes by your 10th game.
    the old grid was perfect.