Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45

Thread: The cards should NOT be part of the hero select screen

  1. #21
    +1

  2. #22
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ukraine
    Posts
    560
    Quote Originally Posted by ezrafitch View Post
    +1 This hero selection is very similar to how League of Legends was when I tried it out about a year ago and it was horridly confusing, threw me off and generally made me unhappy. One of the reasons I never played it again.
    League had and probably still has a grid-like picker with cards for skins after you pick a character. I hate how people attempt to bring League into everything.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by mk07ki View Post
    League had and probably still has a grid-like picker with cards for skins after you pick a character. I hate how people attempt to bring League into everything.
    Not when I tried it, it didn't. Regardless this is a thread about how inefficient the Dota system now is. It doesn't change the fact that this one should be optional, not forced.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Almadiel View Post
    I disagree, new players look at the old huge grid and their eyes gloss over, all they could do is click at random.
    One good thing about this update is the beginner heroes selection that narrows the number of heroes down to 12 or so. And with a simple highlight this could also work in grid mode.

  5. #25
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    315
    i say the feature should stay with options to use others. we don't have to limit the customization of the game you know. ^_^

    my honest opinion
    "Dota 2 will have LAN mode. There are some systems that LAN mode requires that we haven't finished yet, mainly because we've been focused on matchmaking. We know how important this feature is for the community"



    GUESS WHAT!!?!??!!??!
    ....
    chicken butt

    "Douching is a process that involves rinsing or cleaning out the vagina by squirting water or other solutions into it."

  6. #26
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ukraine
    Posts
    560
    Quote Originally Posted by ezrafitch View Post
    Not when I tried it, it didn't. Regardless this is a thread about how inefficient the Dota system now is. It doesn't change the fact that this one should be optional, not forced.
    No, it never had a similar character picker, just a skin picker.

    Anyway, I don't see what's the big problem with cards since you can switch between grid and cards, people are probably overreacting just like they did when Valve updated the UI. Also, I think that cards make the game look more interesting and complete, and that we need some option to make it stay in grid by default.

  7. #27
    The card system shouldn't really be what you use to choose a hero, instead maybe having the simple less space wasting grid, similar to the previous picker, but include the cards when you select a hero, displaying all their information on the right where the old information used to be. You could then choose items for slots displayed beneath. The slider could also be included but not be the default option, instead have a button in the top right highlight upon the first game session to notify users of a more simple view. However the options to sort out heroes should stay for both methods of picking as before, that was a nice touch.

  8. #28
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by ChibiNya View Post
    This only applies to players who have played the game for less than a week and don't even acknowledge the existence of the many heroes in DotA.

    Even then you are giving them 1 minute to browse through 100+ heroes ONE BY ONE NYA. It's.. Not gonna help in a REAL game. Though it'd be nice for the learn tab I guess? This is too fancy and slow for picking under pressure. Even in the old screen the pick time seemed short enough that many people couldn't make up their mind.
    this! (plz stop with the nyas if you are going to be serious, makes my brain cry every time)

  9. #29
    Basic Member Bossi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    24
    +1 and if valve insists on it at least have this http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=36640

  10. #30
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    82
    Completely agree. The spinner doesn't even make sense for picking in the first place. We went from being able to see all heroes simultaneously in a very organized layout to only a few at a time in a meaningless order (alphabetized).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •