Thread: Visual illustration of my personal gripe with the new hero picker (regarding width)

Basic Member

Visual illustration of my personal gripe with the new hero picker (regarding width)

Basically just that the old system has the hero images all nicely fitting together in a reasonable space, so scanning your eyes over them is easier. With the new grid, the hero cards take up twice the space on a very wide swathe of your screen so you have to scan your eyes back and forth across it. Here's an image to illustrate the difference:

http://i.imgur.com/UdlEx.jpg

For me personally, I would far prefer a pick layout more similar to the old version, just because it seems so much clearer to me. And again, really feel the need to emphasize just how dark the hero portraits are in the new picker.
    Last edited by Zepharim; 05-23-2012 at 06:33 PM.

Totally agree for instance that razor portrait is a lot better then the one we have because the gamma is right and you can see all the detail on it.

The information is a lot clearer ( i can see the scroll and grid system we have now being used for something like picking cosmetic items) and there's less wasted space where you need it.

Basic Member
    yeah it looks absolutely terrible. the overlap is annoying too.

I think its good that they are not as densely packed, and larger portraits are easier to find at a glance. I agree that the contrast and brightness are way too inconsistent though.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Almadiel View Post
    I think its good that they are not as densely packed, and larger portraits are easier to find at a glance. I agree that the contrast and brightness are way too inconsistent though.
    densely packed? THEY OVERLAP EACH OTHER. IT LOOKS CROWDED AND SHITTY.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Almadiel View Post
    The thing is, at least in my opinion, that the cards overlapping each other makes it look even more densely packed despite using twice the space. The portraits had very definite (albeit small) borders that made them look independent of each other, while the card view makes everything look all smooshed together. You could solve it by simply removing the overlap, but in the end you're just unnecessarily taking up half the screen with just the mini-portraits.

Basic Member
    Yeah contrast and brightness needs to be tweaked and maybe better distrabution of cards in a more distinct yet compact style.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by omegadon3 View Post
    Yeah contrast and brightness needs to be tweaked and maybe better distrabution of cards in a more distinct yet compact style.
    You mean like, the old way?