Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hero Card Portraits

Basic Member
    Yeah, I can admit a few of them looks good quality wise, those are: Vegeful Spririt, Crystal Maiden, Bane (looks great!), Lich (looks great!), Leshrac, Ancient Apparition and Silencer (looks great!).

The rest of them looks very WIP (I hope they are) and should definitely be improved and end up being as great as Bane, Lich and Silencer.

Basic Member
    Some of them look good like everyone said, ie Silencer, Batrider, Leshrac.. but most of them look really WIP.
    I don't know if it's such a good idea to differenciate ingame/card portraits. Imo they should be the same, you just don't recognize the portraits you're used to and that shouldn't be the case.

Basic Member
    Why are the new portraits so...dark? I can barely see rhasta. And Chen looks like he's possessed.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Recountal View Post
    Why are the new portraits so...dark? I can barely see rhasta. And Chen looks like he's possessed.
    Agreed, the contrast/opacity ratio is fucked up.
    Also, little suggestion, maybe could we have drawn portraits in those cards, to add to the whole magic card deck feeling ? Something in the style of what we've been having for the blog updates..

Edit: rushed a bad photoshop to show it - excuse me for my photoshopping

Last edited by TheZor; 05-24-2012 at 06:35 AM.

Basic Member
    +1

Rasta made me laugh maniacaly, he looks so bad xD and don't get me started on Lycan
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    boy im glad all these qualified and educated game designers have come to the forums to help dota 2 grow

Basic Member
    +1 Shadow Shaman looks like he came out of Gumby. And ENOUGH of the tits in my face. It is immature, like League.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheZor View Post
    Also, little suggestion, maybe could we have drawn portraits in those cards, to add to the whole magic card deck feeling ? Something in the style of what we've been having for the blog updates..

THIS. OMG THIS!!

The new portraits are just AWFUL! This is x100 better.

P.S. that's not alchemist

I think they are too Dark, example antimage & rastha!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheZor View Post

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/FnjlV.jpg[/
    I'm pretty sure the purpose of the cards are to show you heroes in their specialized gear, so 2d artwork wouldn't work.

I can understand some of the heroes being low quality, as they probably didn't have enough time to render them all properly, but some of them need some adjusting. Like someone said earlier, heroes like shadow shaman are just akwardly placed. Same with Warlock. Others initial "still" have them partially off the card like Uras, who's head is cut off. I dislike that the backgrounds are all simple colors with added shadows. I enjoyed the themed backgrounds like the moon.