Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ogre Magi's voice hurts my ears

Basic Member
    I like the angry/dumb idea

Quote Originally Posted by VenomBHz View Post
    The problem I found is that the high pitched voice fits in neither of the heads.
    +1

Basic Member
    Ditto, on almost every post up there. High pitched voice is really annoying!!! ;(

For the love of god... the high pitched voice... I beg of you

Basic Member
    I like it. It hurt my ears at first but then I turned the volume down a bit. Turns out I had the sound too loud. Voice is perfect and hilariously awesome.
    Hello, I'm Fydorian! I have Trouble getting even one cs per minute, so I help find bugs instead!
    To make things easier on everyone, if reporting a bug on the Gameplay Bugs forum, please read these stickies:
    Bug posting guidelines. READ THIS FIRST!
    Common Bugs List
    Intended Fix List
    This has been a PSA by yours truely, Fydorian.

Yeah, I can't say that it really is bad or that it claws at my eardrums.

It just doesn't fit the left head. Or the right one. And the entire model.
    Heroes this user should seriously reconsider ever picking again.

THE DOTA 2 LORE MEGATHREAD IS TO BE UPDATED BY JULY 5TH

Visit the Dota 2 Lore Megathread. Renovation ongoing.

i thought the angry was supposed to sound like grungy or husky.

the high pitched voice for the angry one is too high-pitched, they should have the same voice except the other one has to be angry.
    the dumb one sounds good like Patrick Star.
    Last edited by aeon44; 05-25-2012 at 09:28 AM.

I actually like the voice acting when I played the hero except for one thing

Casting bloodlust, when both of them scream Bloodlust! and roar. It's too much considering how often you cast the move, the roaring and screaming lines need to be removed from bloodlust, it really grates on the ear.

Aside from that the lines are actually quite good. Much better than the twin dialog for Jakiro (awful)

^+1 . The high pitched voice is well, highly annoying. Gotta change that guys.

Basic Member
    Valve, you really need to fix the high pitched voice.

I'll point out to you what the problem with the tiny voice is. Almost everyone can create that voice and it sounds exactly like a guy making a spoofy voice. It's just as bad as The Dark Knight's growl.

If you really wanted to make a voice that's supposed to sound like a shrunken head, it's best to go with natural voices from actual people and then tweak it a bit to make it unique.

Joe Pesci's voice is a good compromise. Please change it. At least re-engineer the existing sound files. Just try putting on an mp3 player and play all the audio files on a loop on your mp3 player. For one hour. See if you can take it.