Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 41 to 49 of 49

Thread: Ogre Magi's voice hurts my ears

  1. #41
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by SeivousBeast View Post
    I actually love the voice exactly as it is. I seriously broke out laughing multiple times while playing him. I love it XD
    There's a difference between liking the voice and thinking it doesn't fit. I like the voice too. It's quality. It just doesn't fit. The high-pitched ear-bleeding voices should be only relevant to Techies.

  2. #42
    Basic Member Shibubu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    932
    Quote Originally Posted by kirves View Post
    There's a difference between liking the voice and thinking it doesn't fit. I like the voice too. It's quality. It just doesn't fit. The high-pitched ear-bleeding voices should be only relevant to Techies.
    Nop, you're wrong. You can't really decide what doesn't fit. And specially because OM is a fictional creature. Just because blizzard and whatnot imagine all of the ogres having low voices, it doesn't mean it has to be that way.

    A real world example: A zebra and a regular horse are quite similar in their body structure, yet their "voices" and the sounds they make are completely different. Same with humans. A huge bodybuilder can have a high voice vice versa. But these are facts about quite normal specimens of certain species are completely normal. While ogre magi is a kind of siamese twins, so the little head could be less developed from a medical point of view. My point being - you can't really bash on something you don't like, just because YOU think it doesn't fit it and because someone else have created a stereotype for that kind of creature.

    The problem with this hero is not that voices/personalities don't fit their models, the problem is that one of those voices is a bit ear wrecking. Even though I like almost everything about OM, i do agree that he is too load.

  3. #43
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibubu View Post
    Nop, you're wrong. You can't really decide what doesn't fit. And specially because OM is a fictional creature. Just because blizzard and whatnot imagine all of the ogres having low voices, it doesn't mean it has to be that way.

    A real world example: A zebra and a regular horse are quite similar in their body structure, yet their "voices" and the sounds they make are completely different. Same with humans. A huge bodybuilder can have a high voice vice versa. But these are facts about quite normal specimens of certain species are completely normal. While ogre magi is a kind of siamese twins, so the little head could be less developed from a medical point of view. My point being - you can't really bash on something you don't like, just because YOU think it doesn't fit it and because someone else have created a stereotype for that kind of creature.
    Actually it's physically imposible for a head of that size, with so much fat around his neck, to sound that shrill. I don't think the "not fitting" thought can be explained because we have the stereotype of ogres with deep voices. It just doesn't fit in terms of physics.

  4. #44
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    65
    All I ask is that it does not hurt my ears.

    Because it really does especially if the volume is up.

  5. #45
    I thought the point of his voice was to be as annoying as possible, since picking Magi is a little like trolling both teams at once.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    408
    I think if they just tone down his voice a couple of tones, he would be alright. I would prefer a low voice for both, since that's how I imagine ogres to talk (due to previous movies/games), but I could live with a slightly lower voice then the current one.

  7. #47
    Basic Member Shibubu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    932
    Quote Originally Posted by Obrunt View Post
    Actually it's physically imposible for a head of that size, with so much fat around his neck, to sound that shrill. I don't think the "not fitting" thought can be explained because we have the stereotype of ogres with deep voices. It just doesn't fit in terms of physics.
    O rly? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOQJi...feature=relmfu
    Sure he makes that voice on purpose. But OM is a trolololo hero all the way. And both heads are stupid. Enough with the stereotypes. Let's enjoy diversity. Not so high-pitched though

    Sorry if I violated the law by posting a video :|

  8. #48
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7
    I agree i did not like the higher pitched voice, it made little sense on whose head it should have been coming from.

  9. #49
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    11,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Unsoppapeable View Post
    I was hopping (since i saw the hero portrait) that both head will have a low voice, the right with an "angry/mad" personality/voice and the left "stupid/comic" personallity/voice.
    same here. i like the current va, but its is just not fitting the model, which goes into a completly different direction.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

    Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •