Thread: random hero function - repick disabled

Basic Member

Exclamation random hero function change - repick disabled

only thing that bothers me on new hero picker is change of RANDOM hero functionality, and i feel like its a big change, thats has been overlooked

old behavior, legacy dota 1
    • choose to random a hero - hero is assigned to you randomly with no gold spent on him (this gives you gold advantage, when you pick hero you actually buy it and you spent part of starting gold for it) and you can repick (for the gold) new hero

new behaviour
    • choose to random a hero - hero is assigned with gold advantage, but you CANT repick anymore

this effectively means that repick function has been disabled.

i know that you can now spin to the random hero in loadout, but that doesn't give you the gold advantage

when i play mm solo queue i almost always choose to random hero, if i feel like playing it, i stick with hero and enjoy gold advantage, or i repick it for something that's suits more to the team. now when i random hero, i am forced to play it, and it discourages me to random a hero.

i don't know if its meant to be this way or its a bug, but this change is not mentioned in changelog.
    Last edited by mrq; 05-24-2012 at 03:52 AM.

Basic Member
    Wait, repick has been disabled? Wtf? D:

Basic Member
    bug and should be fixed asap!

Yeah, needs fix.
    Professional Mario Party host working as an Attorney part-time.

needs fix pls..
    †André†

Valve Developer
    This is an unintended change, and we could use a bit more information to reproduce this. Does it happen consistently, and are you picking your hero immediately, or are you waiting until last to random?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    This is an unintended change, and we could use a bit more information to reproduce this. Does it happen consistently, and are you picking your hero immediately, or are you waiting until last to random?
    every time i was the only one in the game, so i was actually picking last, but i picked before start of the game (00:00) and pick screen disappeared immediately

i will test this with someone ...
    Last edited by mrq; 05-24-2012 at 02:27 PM.

Basic Member
    repick work normally when i am in full game, problem i described consistently happens in lobby game with only one player
    Last edited by mrq; 05-24-2012 at 06:31 PM.