View Poll Results: What do you think of the new Hero Picker screen?

Voters
2547. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love it

148 5.81%
  • Like it

330 12.96%
  • Neutral

267 10.48%
  • Dislike

737 28.94%
  • Hate it

1,065 41.81%
Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Hero Picker Poll

Basic Member
    I like the concept, but it needs some improvement.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemozini View Post
    I did try it in the test client and I simply hate it .. sorry Valve

TL: DR ..the hero pick screen is the wrong time and place for someone to read on, learn and filter heroes within 60 seconds.

------

* The non grid view is straight out useless and fits more of a smartphone app to learn Dota heroes on the go.

* Less focus on team picks , team set ups are left small in the corner

* Cards have no meaning and look bad , just added clutter. Why add clutter around heroes that Valve artist/modellers did a great job in making them look appealing and awesome. The card makes them look cheap

* The time to navigate the new interface and its features leaves less time to think for the right pick within 60 seconds or less when counter picking.

* The grey background is too redundant over all parts of the UI and looks dull.

* Skill icons are smaller and harder to recognize visually

* Filtering is usually used to help to find a group of stuff within clutter. Clutter didn't exist in the original one , clutter was reinvented with new hero picker.

* Grid view keeps redirecting to the fail view.

* Grid view hero portraits are small.

* Can't view skills in grid view.

* Favorite heros ? seriously .... A person who is dumb enough to forgot whom are his fav. heroes , shouldn't play dota in the first place.

* The pick screen isn't the game

/rant over
    ^ This. I simply cannot stand the new picker at all, whether card style or grid view.

This is maybe ok in the LEARN tab but in the game, when you have limited time to pick, even the grid view is bad.

We should have an option in game to completely revert to the old style, or old portraits. 30x better. The poll results speak for themselves.

Basic Member
    Horrible.

I don't even know why Valve would implement this as it makes the picking more difficult than playing the damn game.
    I'm a DotA purist. Problem, mudblood?

Basic Member
    With the amount of negative response to this, I wouldn't be surprised if it's redone by next week at most. Let's hope

Basic Member
    Awful. Everything about is is terrible. There is not one positive thing I could say about this really.
    I don't even know how to give constructive feedback. It's like someone put a turd on your plate and you're meant to criticize it. No, just take it away

Dislike it.

There's some VERY SIMPLE fixes that would go a long way... This thing has potential to become the greatest picker for RD and SD...

But nope, those little nuances are too big right now.

Basic Member
    The idea is nice but need a little rework, a few fixes will make it great.

Sorry Valve, but I hate the new Hero Picker. Simplicity is best, and the carousel view just makes choosing a hero within a short amount of time difficult. Scrolling through 1-by-1 is ridiculous since we're going to have 108 heroes in the game. Once the game is learned there is no purpose for the carousel view. The grid view as well looks very much LESS APPEALING than the original, having much more dead space and the portraits are much LESS RECOGNIZABLE than the original. The hero suggestion is a good addition however, but please Valve return to your approach of simplicity because I truly believe its best for new players and veterans. I usually know when I will be able to get used to something new like with the new Item Icons, and I know that even when I get used to this I'll always want the original Hero Picker back.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepinxonxbed View Post
    Sorry Valve, but I hate the new Hero Picker. Simplicity is best, and the carousel view just makes choosing a hero within a short amount of time difficult. Scrolling through 1-by-1 is ridiculous since we're going to have 108 heroes in the game. Once the game is learned there is no purpose for the carousel view. The grid view as well looks very much LESS APPEALING than the original, having much more dead space and the portraits are much LESS RECOGNIZABLE than the original. The hero suggestion is a good addition however, but please Valve return to your approach of simplicity because I truly believe its best for new players and veterans. I usually know when I will be able to get used to something new like with the new Item Icons, and I know that even when I get used to this I'll always want the original Hero Picker back.

+1

Makes it much harder to find the hero that you want within the 60/30/20 second window as they removed the hero names from the grid view.