Thread: Leave low quality portraits to Hero Picker instead of the Learn tab or kill rep too

Lightbulb Leave low quality portraits to Hero Picker instead of the Learn tab or kill rep too

In their current state, the new portraits don't look very good at all. I understand that in the new hero picker this is necessary as 3 to 5 hero portraits need to be rendered at the same time. However, on the learn tab and kill reports, only one needs to be rendered. My suggestion is to change the layout of the trading card on the kill report and learn tab to fit the old portraits. Although since the portraits in the learn tab are simply scaleform videos(?), the new portraits could be removed completely. On another note, Shadow Demon's portrait was never redone and looks stretched in everything besides the actual in game hero HUD. Using these suggestions could eliminate the need to redo that portrait. Thanks for listening and considering my suggestions.

Basic Member
    On the learn tab, you can quickly click around on any hero at once. You could potentially load in 100 models and textures in a short period of time, which would be very laggy.

I would imagine they would work on improving the portraits over time. We're still in a beta, you know!