Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The new Hero Picker doesn't help players pick heroes quickly and efficiently

What do you think this forum is all about? If they did not want user reviews there would not be any beta testing, or this forum.
    I actually felt bad entire game after that new picking system, first of all because it was confusing, and i ended up picking a wrong hero, because of the time limit.
    1. Dota 2 is not some webpage, you have limited time to pick a hero, and not whole day to explore what is where.
    2. People will ofc get used to the layout, as people get used to everything, but it will be a torture. Totally not needed, and can be done in an easier way.
    3. That brings me to this, THIS FORUM is not only for bugs, but for visals as well, if it was not, they would not ask for any feedback...

Dude you got it all wrong in what is beta all about

Basic Member
    Not convenient menu, return the old
    Last edited by m1crostar; 05-25-2012 at 05:03 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by c0ldpr0xy View Post
    Besides, every time there comes a new layout change to a product that is regularly used by many people, they ALWAYS complain about a month or so and then they stop like babies. Remember YouTube layout? Facebook layout? Everyone complained so hard but now everyone got used to it and they do not mind it.

People who are developing our beloved Dota 2 are professionals. They know what they are doing. This forum just helps them spot bugs that come out of human error. Remember that it is still in BETA. Changes are inevitable. Patience dude
    What's this? Valve is actually asking people to come here and voice their opinions, do you realize that?
    Facebook UI is still crap by the way and I see many people complaining about it. The difference here is that Valve actually might care.

Maybe it's a hint that heroes should not be picked quickly?
    If the game is all about 'who picks good hero faster', there's something wrong with it.
    It's better to actually think about your picks, discuss it with allies, try to counter pick enemies, so I'm not against this interface in this aspect.

Overall it's rather uncomfortable though :/

Basic Member
    Well written. I got no idea why everything is so bloody dark now either

Basic Member
    I agree on the author"s point of view, especially regarding the "dark side" of the thing. very dark.
    and
    also, the place allowed to see what is the pre-pick of the team is very small, you can't see properly what they are doing, or, even if you can, the space allowed for this should be more important because it is very important, not all players just go random picks.

Basic Member
    Main Point;
    Please let me see what non-confirmed 'grey' hero choices my team mates have in grid mode.

Others;

The ability to click on a type of characteristic of a hero is a god send.

I think a simplified system would be very beneficial as people aren't playing the game for a stylish but over complicated first minute interface, there are too many 'flashing light' attention grabbing features here for it to be of use in a situation where deep thought needs to persevere.
    Last edited by Leo87; 05-25-2012 at 05:48 AM.

Basic Member
    +1 I want to play dota not Yu-gi-oh

Basic Member
    Developers please back old grad.

Basic Member
    Very true.
    Me, I paly Dota for like a lot of years (for a game). And I just could not figure out, where the hell is the char in All Pick mode. Filter buttons are too small. On lower spec this whole cards thing lags too. So I just hit random, since I can't find what I want... yeah sure, I can type... type? Seriously? Typing vs. One Cick - you choose. Also you need to click to type.

Its good you know for what? For Single Draft. Now for that mode its almost perfect