Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: The new Hero Picker doesn't help players pick heroes quickly and efficiently

Quote Originally Posted by GrandCrusader View Post
    Your argument is invalid by a mile.

The Hero picker is meant to be something very fast and easy to use

If you consider youself a hardcord dota player, you should remember that in DoTA1 we used to have Taberns to choose the hero we needed, you pick a house and then pick a hero, something that was very very fast considering that you didn't had to see any 'Cards' or anything like that, but then again, that system was/still is old and outdated. The hero pick must be easy to use, and you should be able to pick a hero very quickly and without too much trouble. Now, if you talk about enemy picks and players that just pick in less than one sec. because the hero is OP, then its the player who is to blame not a system that SHOULD BE user friendly.
    If you already want to know which hero you're going to pick, type the first three letters and hit alt+enter. I honestly don't see how any UI could be faster than that.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLite View Post
    If you already want to know which hero you're going to pick, type the first three letters and hit alt+enter. I honestly don't see how any UI could be faster than that.
    That's the thing, you don't always know which hero you must pick. For example, PA might be your fav hero, but if your team have enough carry heroes, then you might pick an initiator or a support hero.
    As i said, it must be something very fast and easy to use. Why you must type.. then hit Alt+Enter? It's way too excessive for something that must be simple and easy to use, the Old Grid fulfilled that role perfectly.. Why we can't just have a nice and well done grid so we can make a pick with the mouse?