Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Random Draft Fix. Please for the love of all that is good.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Random Draft Fix. Please for the love of all that is good.

Current:
    Standard Cards

Grid Mode

Problems:
    Standard Cards

Grid Mode

Proposal:
    Remove both the card system and grid mode and just make a new standard as both of them are bad.
    Things aren't lined up but you get the general idea. Get rid of all the unnecessary information that you see in grid mode, combine it with card mode while still being able to see all the heroes. Use up most of the space. NO SCROLLING THROUGH CARDS, we need to be able to see everything at once

Basic Member
    while i absolutely hate the cards. this is pretty good and should be implemented when Valve ignores the community outrage and does whatever they want (read as ruin the game)

Basic Member
    actually this is pretty important. i mainly play SD and RD and the new style absolutely ruins them. it needs to be changed.

Basic Member
    I was afraid of what the new changes would do to RD. Seems my fears are confirmed. The new UI continues to cause more problems than it solves.

Basic Member
    I like you're proposal +1

Quote Originally Posted by Bastille View Post
    I was afraid of what the new changes would do to RD. Seems my fears are confirmed. The new UI continues to cause more problems than it solves.
    It's still WIP, they are asking for feedback, they'll do something about it next update, hopefully.

WOW, theres SO MANY problems with the new UI... scrolling trough heroes WTF? just adjust the size of the cards so we can see all we want AT ONCE.

Example: All Pick, all heroes should be shown so tiny cards
    Filtered by favourites: only 10 heroes shown so large cards
    filtered by STR : around 30~40 heroes shown so medium cards

NO SCROLLING FFS.
    Maverick Hunter.

Needs to be fixed immediately, Random Draft games just going horribly with no one understanding what to get...

Basic Member
    I hope they go with something like your proposal.

Basic Member
    I like the general idea of the cards, but what Valve did there is very unoptimised and not very clever (losing informations and overview just for visual effects is bad imo). Your suggestion how ever looks great. visual and from the overview. Think valve need to do much (re)work to their new picker system.
    Your suggestion imo has only one huge problem. It looks like you did not think about 4:3 and 5:4 monitor users. scaling would be not that nice if the space is used like you did (also just my opinion).

Basic Member
    Really nice idea for rd.
    +1