Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: [Suggestion] After "Kill Steal" sound effects

-1. Sounds like something you would see in HoN along with all those terrible annoucer packs. No thanks.

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shibubu View Post
    Sure, it looks a bit silly, but this helmet makes more sense than ~50% of Furions cosmetics that are already in the game. And its not like he's wielding a wooden penis (one can easily make a penis shaped staff out of wooden branch and there are no arguments why it could not be done). The Acorn helmet is actually VERY fitting since it's natural shape is used. Also it is used for it's quality to withstand blows.
    Wow, amazing insight.

Basic Member
    Wow. It's been a while since I've seen such an awful suggestion. I think your intentions were okay, but this really doesn't belong in Dota 2. There are rare occasions where it would be applicable, for example Lina using ulti on 50hp hero, but even then it's too redundant and impossible to code (what if the enemy had invisibility or blink or something like that?).

Basic Member
    i'd like to make a counter suggestion.

a voiceline when a support let's a carry get the kill (that might be impossible to detect ofc).

"oh, we got a teamplayer here!"

and another one for a support who sacrifices himself via bodyblock to save his carry (another hard to detect one).

"wow, how selfless!"

and another one for a support who doesnt take any lasthits on the lane (except for denies), harrasses the opposing hero, creeppulls (without pushing the lane), ganks midlane and carries a tp (actually that one could even be detectable).

"i wish i could play with you."

those lines would actually do good in a game and not incite some useless argument about killstealing.
    they would also endorse constructive playstyles rather than unconstructive ones.

@ot: -1
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    Maybe not directly shift the blame on KSers, but acknowledge it. For instance, if Wisp and Sven are going after someone and Wisp gets the kill and Sven the assist, Wisp will make a little whimpering sound while Sven plays an angry runt. Or if Faceless Void is chronosphering someone to death and Rubick's fade bolt accidently finishes it off, Rubick will play the "Ha! That was terrible." line.

Banned

"we have a KSer here!"

Really?

what about "Arright pal, now you deserve a team report!"

Bad suggestion, really..

pros say no...ok noobs say no too...me included..
    ~Never forget~

this is so league of lesbiaaaaaaans

all the lol players complaint so much for ks, because they NEED to take screenshots of every single rampage they make to post them on facebook!...

please don't bring that ks thing to dota...