Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: A couple of tips for the new hero selection UI

Basic Member
    i know about this commands before this patch, but nice work cyborg

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborgmatt View Post
    I appreciate your opinion but my thread isn't the place for it.
    No, it's not an opinion. It's a fact. Why fix something that is not broken in the first place?

I could give you list of problems with this hero interface.
    -Takes to long to find a hero
    -Can't detect which is str, agi, and intel.
    -its all over the place
    -layout is not simple
    -cards too big
    -cards doesn't really offer more information than the original
    -can't tell who's picking who
    -timer is off place
    -Don't know if you're on dire/radiant

Basic Member
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by grizmoblust View Post
    No, it's not an opinion. It's a fact. Why fix something that is not broken in the first place?

-its all over the place
    -layout is not simple
    -cards too big
    -timer is off place

It is an opinion. It is fine to dislike the UI but this is not the place to discuss it.

Quote Originally Posted by grizmoblust View Post

-its all over the place
    -layout is not simple
    -cards too big
    -timer is off place
    -It doesnt take to long to find a hero, the grid view is almost the same as the original, and u can use the filters to easily find the hero that u want
    -Realy, cant u see the green/red/blue ball at the top right of the card???
    -is that wrong to use all the space to show clearly useful stuff
    -it can be simple depending how u use the options on the hero selection , that is why OP made this post with commands to help us keep it simple, as i said before, the grid view is almost the same that the original one
    -bigger cards make easier to find the heroes
    -its not about offering more information than the original, its about offering the same information at a single place, the hero card
    - actually u can, they just changed the place, the only thing that i kinda disagree is they dont show at the top of the screen anymore, so when we r at the grid view we cant see what the players r picking
    -they still where at the same place, at the top of hero selection screen
    -u should look it at the waiting for the loaders screen

I think that they tried to change the way that u pick a hero, cuz at any MOBA game, u think the name of the hero that u want to play, then u search it at the grid view, what they r trying to do is make you think the name and type it to reach the hero card that u want
    If u forget the name, u have the filters that can help you to find the hero from their roles
    The older selection screen was cool, but at some point the would need to change it, simply because it would have to many heroes to show on that space

I like the new hero selection screen, but they need to impreve it a little, for example, it would be cool to show your team picks at the top of the screen again, just because u can see what they r picking no matter the selection screen u r using, the scrolling one or the grid one.

Basic Member
    How can I change hero picking to see what hero plp from my team want to pick? (grayed one) oh i didnt see this option, we can see it on the left side of monitor.

Banned
    The heroes where confusing for me since they are overlapping each other so much and they were so small. After seeing some of your modifications where you actually see the whole hero portraits it is suddenly much clearer. I therefore really like the last screen you posted.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbonator View Post
    The heroes where confusing for me since they are overlapping each other so much and they were so small. After seeing some of your modifications where you actually see the whole hero portraits it is suddenly much clearer. I therefore really like the last screen you posted.
    Here's a screenshot of what it looks like: http://dota2.cyborgmatt.com/Dota2_SelectorStyle.jpg it does not working for me.

Not sure why the old system was changed so much, it was functional and easy to understand. This new system is just... awful.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ElBobertoGrande View Post
    Not sure why the old system was changed so much, it was functional and easy to understand. This new system is just... awful.
    because it was placeholder and looked pretty bland for a game made in 2012 that is supposed to integrate community? your opinion is just... awful