Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: A couple of tips for the new hero selection UI

thx matt!

Basic Member
    So what exactly do I need to do, what does my autoexec.cfg need to look like in order to get the 5 column legacy deck? (http://dota2.cyborgmatt.com/Dota2_SelectorColumns.jpg)

This thread is not for discussing your opinions on the UI, there are plenty of other threads for that, please keep it out of mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by bewbtube View Post
    So what exactly do I need to do, what does my autoexec.cfg need to look like in order to get the 5 column legacy deck? (http://dota2.cyborgmatt.com/Dota2_SelectorColumns.jpg)
    Just:
    Code:
    sf_fulldeck_legacy_columns "5"
    // Economy
    "NotTheStringsYoureLookingFor"

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborgmatt View Post
    This thread is not for discussing your opinions on the UI, there are plenty of other threads for that, please keep it out of mine.

Just:
    Code:
    sf_fulldeck_legacy_columns "5"
    so my autoexec.cfg file should just have this line and be in the dota 2 beta\dota\cfg folder? If so that's what I have and it's not changing anything.

Basic Member
    Cool, thanks

Basic Member
    I got the full grid deck style working, can't get the legacy deck to work (I don't mean both at the same time, just tried one, then the other and only one worked). =/

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bewbtube View Post
    so my autoexec.cfg file should just have this line and be in the dota 2 beta\dota\cfg folder? If so that's what I have and it's not changing anything.
    Maybe you created "autoexec.cfg.txt" file instead of "autoexec.cfg". Windows sometimes doesn't show extensions, so "autoexec.cfg" might be filename while "txt" might be hidden extension. Just check the option in folder options that will make windows always show extension.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rpetrano View Post
    Maybe you created "autoexec.cfg.txt" file instead of "autoexec.cfg". Windows sometimes doesn't show extensions, so "autoexec.cfg" might be filename while "txt" might be hidden extension. Just check the option in folder options that will make windows always show extension.
    not the issue

AWESOME tips, thank you! This solves a lot of what people don't like about it.

Thumbs up all the way!!
    ◕_◕

Thanks Matt!
    Btw, I can't seem to make the default filter to "favourites" working, what value should I set it as, and how should I type it for my autoexec.cfg?