Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: A couple of tips for the new hero selection UI

A couple of tips for the new hero selection UI

Commands:

You can set the "All Heroes" filter tab (instead of recommended starter heroes) to be your default tab by adding the following command to your autoexec.cfg:
    Code:
    dota_selector_curfilter "1"
    The grid mode has an alternative layout which can be enabled using the command (again add it to your autoexec.cfg if you want it to be permanently applied):
    Code:
    dota_selector_fulldeck_mode "0"
    Here's a screenshot of what it looks like: http://dota2.cyborgmatt.com/Dota2_SelectorStyle.jpg

I think some heroes may be cut off by this mode, if they are then try using these commands:
    Code:
    sf_fulldeck_x_gap_perc "0"
    sf_fulldeck_y_gap_perc "0"
    Which should leave with something looking like this: http://dota2.cyborgmatt.com/Dota2_SelectorStyle2.jpg

You can make the card based system scroll indefinitely, cycling over the heroes, starting from the beginning when you reach the end by using the command:
    Code:
    sf_turntable_end "0"
    Here's a screenshot of what it looks like: http://dota2.cyborgmatt.com/Dota2_SelectorEnd.jpg

When using the default fulldeck style and the following command, you can use more of the UI space for the fulldeck mode, adjust value for preference:
    Code:
    sf_fulldeck_legacy_columns "5"
    Here's a screenshot of what it looks like: http://dota2.cyborgmatt.com/Dota2_SelectorColumns.jpg

Adjusting the raise speed command will make the cards instantly increase in size when browsing the fulldeck mode, gives a "smoother" effect (10 is default):
    Code:
    sf_fulldeck_raise_speed "100"
    Other Tips:

When you're on the horizontal card layout, you can use the first letter of a hero name to quickly skip to all heroes using the same letter, eg pressing N at any time will take you to Nature's Prophet's card and so on.

The mouse scroll wheel can be used to quickly scroll through the cards as well.

Pre-Configured Styles:

Using the following:

Code:
    // Hero Selector Tweaks
    dota_selector_curfilter "1"				// All heroes default tab
    dota_selector_fulldeck_mode "0"			// Pyramid fulldeck mode
    Will provide you with something which should look like (you may need to adjust values as I run in a 16:10 resolution): http://dota2.cyborgmatt.com/Dota2_SelectorStyle2.jpg

Using the following (sf_fulldeck_legacy_rows controls that middle gap):
    Code:
    // Hero Selector Tweaks
    dota_selector_curfilter "1"				// All heroes default tab
    dota_selector_fulldeck_mode "1"			// Normal fulldeck mode
    sf_fulldeck_legacy_gap_x "10"
    sf_fulldeck_legacy_gap_y "200"
    sf_fulldeck_legacy_columns "6"
    sf_fulldeck_legacy_rows "1"
    Will provide you with something which should look like (you may need to adjust values as I run in a 16:10 resolution): http://dota2.cyborgmatt.com/Dota2_SelectorStyle3.jpg

Last edited by Cyborgmatt; 05-25-2012 at 03:29 PM.
    // Economy
    "NotTheStringsYoureLookingFor"

This looks unfinished but pretty helpful for now until they improve/change it next week. thanks. +1!

Basic Member
    thanks, but it should really be a ui option or remember your setting either way

but the alternate deck view is awesome

also, if shadow demon is listed as a disabler, then so should od be. it must refer to banish, because other heroes with slows aren't listed as disablers

Banned
    Thank you very much!

Basic Member
    +1 for the information mate.

nice, thanks matt.

Any commands for specific default filters: favorite, best heroes, roles, etc?
    This ain't ova.

Basic Member
    Is there any autoexec that lets me instapick Techies when he is released?

Basic Member
    For some reason, I still have to change it to "Full mode/Grid" manually even with an autoexec dota_selector_curfilter "1". What am I doing wrong?

Basic Member
    Trash it. It sucks and still too complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by dibbaN View Post
    For some reason, I still have to change it to "Full mode/Grid" manually even with an autoexec dota_selector_curfilter "1". What am I doing wrong?
    That doesn't activate grid mode, it makes "All Heroes" default so you don't have to switch it from recommended starter heroes.
    Quote Originally Posted by squinte View Post
    nice, thanks matt.

Any commands for specific default filters: favorite, best heroes, roles, etc?
    Yeap, these are the commands for those filters:

Code:
    "dota_selector_advfilter_attack" = "0" client                                    - Stores the attack filter of the Hero Selector.
    "dota_selector_advfilter_myhero" = "0" client                                    - Stores the stats filter of the Hero Selector.
    "dota_selector_advfilter_role" = "0" client                                      - Stores the role filter of the Hero Selector.
    Quote Originally Posted by grizmoblust View Post
    Trash it. It sucks and still too complicated.
    I appreciate your opinion but my thread isn't the place for it.
    // Economy
    "NotTheStringsYoureLookingFor"