Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: Dashboard Massive LAG!

Basic Member
    Before this I have this shitty graphic chip which is Intel G31/G33 Express Chipset Family and it can render the ember background smoothly. Just a few days ago, I bought a new GPU (nVidia GT 610) for my computer and the dashboard starts to lag massively. It looks like anyone who has a dedicated GPU only have this problem. Maybe is Dota 2 coding problem.

This problem not only happen in Dota 2 but in Windows itself. When I change the theme in Windows (regardless of any theme), I can hear crackling sound which means is laggy. With my previous integrated graphic chip it has never happen to me before. This is just too weird. Never in my life after upgrade the PC with a new GPU cause so many problems to happen.
    Last edited by Josh95; 02-18-2013 at 03:00 AM.

Basic Member
    Writing "-international" in the launch options solved it for me.

Basic Member
    WOW!! to my surprise after I inject the SMAA post-AA technique (using SweetFX) the massive lag on dashboard has disappear. Now it can render the flame smoothly without the -nod3d9ex command (even with the SMAA post-AA disable). After so many experiments I had done, I can conclude that the cause of the massive dashboard lag is because of the flame background cannot render smoothly on DirectX11. (exception in game)

Refer to this thread if you want more info on SMAA post-AA technique
    http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=37556

P.s I just make a rough conclusion so correct me if I'm wrong

Basic Member
    +1 delayed profile menu opening ! massive lag after today's update ! volvo plz fix

Basic Member
    Managed to get this problem elevated through Valve support/Icefrog. Working on giving them additional information.

Basic Member
    I've had the game for a year and a half and I just started getting this lag in the game's menu. I also get it in the CS:GO menu now.

Another weird thing - my framerate in Dota 2 (gameplay) is fine but it gets cut in half when I open the scoreboard. These are all recent developments for me.

AMD Phenom II 945
    8 GB RAM
    Radeon 7870

Turning the embers off does not fix the problem for me.
    Last edited by Bungle; 03-29-2013 at 11:42 PM.

Basic Member

Embers lag Quick Fix

Hey,

this is what I've gathered from elsewhere to fix the lag. Instead of opening the console everytime to disable the embers effect, just create the file autoexec.cfg (you can just copy any .cfg file, rename it and edit the contents) and type in 2 lines:

con_enable "1"
    dota_embers "0"

Then place it in C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/dota 2 beta/dota/cfg/

The first line line enables console. Now you can turn off your -console in launch options.
    The second line removes the embers effect.
    All this is automatically executed everytime you launch dota 2, as the filename autoexec.cfg suggests.

autoexec.zip

Cheers

(p.s. if the embers com back, double tap console command)
    Last edited by icehare; 04-14-2013 at 02:18 AM.

Basic Member
    Now here's another thing. Yesterday, after the dashboard update, I tried playing a game, after disabling the embers. Even though I usually run Dota 2 on med-high with around 50 fps, this time, the fps was like 5-10. So, after fiddling a bit, here's a helpful tip for anyone who's STILL having lag. The reason I was still lagging was because of a second overlay GUI that worked in the background. Basically, if you have Xfire, Raptr or something like that which has an In-Game UI, it will fuck your shit up. I turned off my Xfire, and now Dota's running as smoothly as ever.