Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Dashboard Massive LAG!

Basic Member
    Yes. It gets worse over time. I don't usually have any frame-drops until after 15 minutes.

Basic Member
    hmmm....i am not that very lag at dashboard BUT a great FPS LOSS(epic lag) when i try to view someones dota profile...wew....also an FPS drop whenever that "game is ready" option in matchmaking appears

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Read the first reply to the thread....and my computer ran the game fine before the UI update and it's not trash at all. You have to understand that this is not an FPS drop while in a match, it's when viewing the stupid UI. If the UI is making my computer work harder than it does IN A MATCH, then something is very wrong. It's probably the worst when I'm in my profile screen.
    Hmm.. Well in your case I admit that it could be some kind of incompatibility, I hope it gets fixed. Just to be sure why don't you try updating your video drivers if they are not up to date?

Basic Member
    I opened net_graph to see what's going on.

When I start Dota2, I have ~30fps on the Dashboard with the embers enabled. (The same frame-rate I get in-game)
    But after about 30 seconds the frame-rate begins to drop. And around 2 minutes it stabilizes at 8fps.
    With the embers disabled I get ~50fps.

Basic Member
    When I check my profile, the portraits of my most successful heroes are lagging and they didn't before, so it's definitely the dashboard.

The old one was just so good...

Quote Originally Posted by VenomBHz View Post
    Just to be sure why don't you try updating your video drivers if they are not up to date?
    I did, they're up to date. I think some people with higher end computers and video cards may not notice the FPS drop because their hardware can compensate for it, but it is still there unbeknownst to them. Low to mid-tier rigs can't compensate for the FPS drop so they notice it more. All in all it seems like a bug, because I can't figure out for the life of me what's causing the lag. Turning the backround fire off does little to nothing. It gets worse on my and others' in-game profile screens...this is something alot of people report.

Basic Member
    Hmm.. Well in your case I admit that it could be some kind of incompatibility, I hope it gets fixed. Just to be sure why don't you try updating your video drivers if they are not up to date?
    I have mine updated as well so I am sure it's the particles or something that is affecting the performance.

Quote Originally Posted by cn.white View Post
    I opened net_graph to see what's going on.

When I start Dota2, I have ~30fps on the Dashboard with the embers enabled. (The same frame-rate I get in-game)
    But after about 30 seconds the frame-rate begins to drop. And around 2 minutes it stabilizes at 8fps.
    With the embers disabled I get ~50fps.
    how do you disable?
    Because I came to the conclusion it was that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr-President View Post
    When I check my profile, the portraits of my most successful heroes are lagging and they didn't before, so it's definitely the dashboard.

The old one was just so good...
    I am not against the new one, I think it looks great, still performance is a big problem.

----------------------

Did devs looked at this?because an update was released and I didn't see any improvement, or even if it's a comment that they are looking at this issue.

Basic Member
    You know every game in the market does have minimum requirements. Maybe your computers are not reaching that minimum? Valve must try to attend the greater number of clients possible, but not in detriment of the game per se.
    That's a really bad excuse. Every game that wants to reach out to a large audience (especially a game like DotA) should have an option for lower settings, for lower end computers, along with options for higher settings, for those who want to enjoy beautiful graphics. It's called accommodating different computer specs. Anyway OP already said that his computer was running at 35-40 fps before, certainly doesn't seem like his computer's that bad.

Basic Member
    same here with 2x6950 2gb if you start the game , its ok but turn back on the drashboard its heavy freezy and laggy

Basic Member
    I have pretty crappy PC (2 GB ram (ddr2), geforce nvidia 9600 GT videocard and somewhat average CPU - phenom x2 560), but I use windows XP and don't have any lag / fps problem with the new dashboard. Maybe this problem happens only with average PCs that use w7?