Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Make it easier to distinguish between STR, AGI and INT heroes.

Basic Member
    +1 Really brings out the trading card game feel of it.

Basic Member
    If they decide to keep the cards in any form or fashion, this would be a great tweak on them. I'm sure beginners would appreciate this change even more.

Basic Member
    +1, helps for both the card picker and the grid view in some game modes.

I dont find it necessarily. If you can't pay attention for just one icon at the top of the card when picking a hero, you really should not "torture" yourself with thinking of items, hero build, game strategy etc.

For Gods sake, you got a whole list of filters.

Its a lot of clutter...
    Top 5 Favourite Dota 2 Heroes:
    Puck
    Ancient Apparition
    Vengeful Spirit
    Leshrac
    Outworld Destroyer

Basic Member
    +1 an idea that would make new players' life much easier

Basic Member
    I think the idea is good, but the different classes should be separated, not bunched up like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Azzario View Post
    I dont find it necessarily. If you can't pay attention for just one icon at the top of the card when picking a hero, you really should not "torture" yourself with thinking of items, hero build, game strategy etc.

For Gods sake, you got a whole list of filters.
    It's to help the life of new players? The current grid view is a cluster, has overlapping cards and sometimes the icons are too small. Coloring the card will just highlight the hero main attribute, makes it to do a quick eye scan of the screen without getting lost. It's aesthetically pleasing too, IMO.

By the way, your logic is flawed. Fixing a UI design to be more attractive to both new and experience players has nothing to do with thinking about items hero builds game strategy and etc. Where did you pull that? I for one, have written guides in PD, contributed with a lot of strategical discussions (like outpicked games) and many more. What you are saying simply does not correlate.

Quote Originally Posted by baelFISH View Post
    I think the idea is good, but the different classes should be separated, not bunched up like that!
    Agreed. I just used that as reference because it was the the first screen shot I found that someone posted here (coughs* CyborgMatt). The suggestion itself is about the card colors, the order the cards are displayed is a whole new story.

Pffft... The "grid mode" should just use the old hero picker that wasn't cluttered at all and separated heroes by both alignment and attributes.

+1 looks good