Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: The MAIN reason why old Dashboard was better

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JX_Blue View Post
    The new dashboard looks really badass. I hope they just rearrange some stuff in the front page. Move the chat box back to btm, stretch the updates section sideways and it'll be really good.
    Can agree with that some rearranging would be nice, even better if we had the freedom to rearrange the content ourself

Agree wholeheartedly. Invidual widgets/buttons may look better in new dashboard, but layout of old 1 was close to perfect. I had very few issues with it. Looked good and was clean

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wesai View Post
    If people who doesn't dwell in this feedback website are actually taking their time to register here to say that the new dashboard sucks then it must really have a problem, right? Just by saying that it sucks (even without any backing up argument) would actually help Valve, since they have an idea that A LOT OF PEOPLE don't like this change.

I like the colors and some icons design, the rest is pretty much weird. Too much wasted space, instead of picking something to improve, making use of the previous non used spaces in the main page, they instead revamped everything that actually gives us even more dead spaces with an horrible layout (OP is self-explanatory).

Anyway, when people get out of their way to say this, even though it's not constructive criticism, we need stop and reflect about the topic itself. Something is really wrong.
    Although, a lot of people like new dashboard, including me and like 10 people in my friend list. What are we gonna do?

Quote Originally Posted by Raunchy View Post
    Although, a lot of people like new dashboard, including me and like 10 people in my friend list. What are we gonna do?
    Provide feedback and reason to why it's good and better than the old one. Valve then will make a choice for the best of the majority or what they seem to fit to their own standards. We are here just to light the direction for them, only then they will take their step should they choose to do so.

Nice analysis there.

On a serious note, I preferred the old one too. The new one just need a bit of rearrangement to look nicer.
    Regards
    yummybui

Banned
    Provide feedback and reason to why it's good and better than the old one. Valve then will make a choice for the best of the majority or what they seem to fit to their own standards. We are here just to light the direction for them, only then they will take their step should they choose to do so.
    The only thing i would like to see is a possibility to minimize that browser. I dont need it all the time.
    Dock-able interface would be nice as well (like in Jira).
    Last edited by Raunchy; 05-31-2012 at 03:49 AM.

Absolutely agree, wesai. That is why I created a Poll to provide just that : http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=37892

Not trying to hijack the thread but - Please chip in your votes guys! Every vote counts!
    COMMUNITY REGULATED MUTE SYSTEM (CRMS) A Simple Idea with Massive Results
    UNOFFICIAL DASHBOARD POLL Dashboard - OLD vs NEW
    DOTA2 Items ICON SET Design Comparison CHART - Icon Cheat Sheet
    POLL: HEALTH BAR at TOP BAR? - Add health bar to top bar Valve!
    True Sight Indicator like dota1 - What happened to the true sight symbol?!?

Basic Member
    The old one looks definitely better.

Husky from SC2 just praised it some time ago, and then Valve decide to change it into this new version which looks worse.

He explained from a competitive gamer's perspective why the old UI was considered good.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hpbSKGbzKg

Quote Originally Posted by Rice_22 View Post
    The old one looks definitely better.

Husky from SC2 just praised it some time ago, and then Valve decide to change it into this new version which looks worse.

He explained from a competitive gamer's perspective why the old UI was considered good.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hpbSKGbzKg
    ]

I remember that. Thanks for posting this, I always wanted to send a private message to a game developer to watch this but I figured out someone else would do it anyway. Well, I'm not sure if that already happened, but it seems like you can do it!

Basic Member
    make those 2 columns of dashboard (news \ stats (friends etc.) bigger and clear all those animations.