Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Reasons why the hate towards the new interface from most users

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TehCube View Post
    as a demander of revertion I think that the 'dont fix what isnt broken' should be changed to 'dont screw up what is perfect'. please.
    Just because something works doesn't mean that it's perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by mk07ki View Post
    Just because something works doesn't mean that it's perfect.
    This. the old picker was far from perfect, but it was still far better than what we have now. They should have improved the existing one instead of added a new one

Quote Originally Posted by PlausibleSarge View Post
    This. the old picker was far from perfect, but it was still far better than what we have now. They should have improved the existing one instead of added a new one
    And the new one isn't as terrible as most forums users are puting it out to be either. It's just a test to a new hero picker design. You know, because this is a beta? Telling valve what they should or should not be doing is just asinine.

Anyways, OT:

Agreed with most, but.

Remove: My feedback, point 5. Newbies shouldn't get into matches without learning the bare basics; which is something that tutorials and quests will solve. Point is moot.

Add: Better slide effect for card view. Right now it's unresponsive and that makes it unintuitive. I was expecting the cards to span much more and much quicker if I draged my mouse faster and longer. It's akward to see it stop completely once I let go of left click.

Basic Member
    agreed

Basic Member
    Agreed, i am not playing a card game so why this card style on the Heroes pics ?

Basic Member
    Agreed

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Irrelevante View Post
    And the new one isn't as terrible as most forums users are puting it out to be either. It's just a test to a new hero picker design. You know, because this is a beta? Telling valve what they should or should not be doing is just asinine.

Anyways, OT:

Agreed with most, but.

Remove: My feedback, point 5. Newbies shouldn't get into matches without learning the bare basics; which is something that tutorials and quests will solve. Point is moot.

Add: Better slide effect for card view. Right now it's unresponsive and that makes it unintuitive. I was expecting the cards to span much more and much quicker if I draged my mouse faster and longer. It's akward to see it stop completely once I let go of left click.
    The turntable view is made for beginners so they are not overwhelmed with information when they first start a match.
    Otherwise you can explain why the default filter is set to "recommended starter heroes".

I will add your words onto the body, but under a new category.

Basic Member
    I personally think that the biggest problem with "card" view is the fact you dont have complete information. It is ok for SD but in RD or AP it simply lacks important imformation about all available heroes (especially in RD) so one can pick based on other teams choices.

Basic Member
    agreed, cards into learn tab are np

Quote Originally Posted by PlausibleSarge View Post
    I agree about the card system in the learn tab. Cards can be quite a good way of conveying the immense amounts of information required in Dota, especially if Valve allows us to print off cards easily
    The thing is, that the card itself does not display any information but an overly large portrait of the hero. You can get to the information if you mouse-over skills and roles but the way they are right now, you cant see shit and printing them would be useless since all relevant information would be hidden. If you really want to learn about a hero, you have to read all the little tooltips you get by doing mouse-overs which is just a pain in the ass to do. This effect is amplified by how annoying the cards are to browse through.

I am not a hater. I like the improvements that have been made to the dashboard & I think the cards are really well done aesthetic-wise but the new hero picker lacks usability right now. I hope this will get some work.
    Last edited by Pathrazer; 05-26-2012 at 05:45 AM.