Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUGGESTION] Number of spectators

Basic Member

[SUGGESTION] Number of spectators

I don't know if this suggestion has been made before, but I'm making it now

How about putting the number of spectators at the bottom of the scoreboard, as you have in CS:S ?

So in the bottom of the scoreboard it would say something like: "DOTATV - Spectators: 453563425"

Or something else
    Aka NamDohtem on PlayDotA.com
    Danish DOTA2 Steam Community http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DOTA2DK

I had this discussion with someone the other day like, I wonder how many people were watching our match!

To which he responded, no way dude, too much pressure!

I can see both sides of the argument as valid, especially since most trolls feed off of attention, so if they know lots are watching they might say stuff in all chat or something on purpose, etc.

I'd say leaving it unknown is better.
    If you REALLY want to know, you could just open your main chat UI and find your game in the Watch tab, or maybe even the top 3 ongoing.

Banned
    Yes it has some downsides, but actually you want to learn to work well under this kind of pressure. It's not only for gaming purpose but for real life in general. People (and animals too btw) are getting nervous when they see that someone watches them and they're changing their behaviour. In my opinion it's a good way for training, because if you get pro sometimes and play on something like the international, many people will watch YOU. It would then be handy if you'd had this kind of experience before.

So, T-Up. But it should be optional imho.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowsCrush View Post
    I had this discussion with someone the other day like, I wonder how many people were watching our match!

To which he responded, no way dude, too much pressure!

I can see both sides of the argument as valid, especially since most trolls feed off of attention, so if they know lots are watching they might say stuff in all chat or something on purpose, etc.

I'd say leaving it unknown is better.
    If you REALLY want to know, you could just open your main chat UI and find your game in the Watch tab, or maybe even the top 3 ongoing.
    Well I don't really care about the pressure, I don't feel any when I play.

I always go to then main menu while dead, and see how many specs there are.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Yes it has some downsides, but actually you want to learn to work well under this kind of pressure. It's not only for gaming purpose but for real life in general. People (and animals too btw) are getting nervous when they see that someone watches them and they're changing their behaviour. In my opinion it's a good way for training, because if you get pro sometimes and play on something like the international, many people will watch YOU. It would then be handy if you'd had this kind of experience before.

Yea you could make an option to make it optional.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post

Overall it should be fine, imo.

People will start acting like their game is a big show, with e-peen on the line. Trolling/big talk is pretty much ensured.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eNTe_eXe View Post
    People will start acting like their game is a big show, with e-peen on the line. Trolling/big talk is pretty much ensured.
    You don't have to post your arguments on both threads^^

Basic Member
    Well I don't think it should be, but I do see your point.

I like the idea. I was going to post the same thing but found this one instead.