Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hero swaping.

Basic Member

Post Hero swaping.

Make available to swap heroes in Single draft? It will improve the SD concept and will make it more user friendly Just instead of showing only the 3 heroes you have make a line of 5 lines (one for each player) and fit the 3 heroes. And then let us swap heroes if we want

Basic Member
    second this. i think redesigning the hero selection for single draft specifically would be a great improvement.

Basic Member
    I personally believe this is a core feature in hero picking, and it will be 100% implemented..
    but it's just not here yet

just wait patiently, i guess.

Swapping heroes is the plague of Wc3 Dota:

"Omg, noob enchantress didnt want to swap with meeee. dumb team idk how to play this hero and i begged them but yet they didnt hear me, gg i quit".

Swapping heroes defeats the whole purpose of playing Single Draft, if you wanna play with a bigger hero pool to choose from then I suggest you to play -RD or -AP. If when you are given 3 heroes to chose from you dislike all these 3 and want "someone's else hero" then sincerely I think Single Draft isn't for you.

In fact I believe swapping in any mode is just bad. Perhaps swapping can only be reasonable in All Random mode (because you can play it only in the lobby and the outcome doesn't count in your stats).

Swapping just generates hate because there will always be a player who thinks he/she is special and important and if you don't agree with them they will be labeling you the whole game as noob. Without that there's nothing to be said.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind swapping in lobbies. Now Matchmaking? Keep that shit out of my MM please.

People whine of everything, and as it has been nearly since the original DotA, it should be implemented in MM and Practice.

Kind Regards
    -TrickeyD

Basic Member
    +1 to implement swapping, and if someones being a nag just leave him bad feedback.

Basic Member
    +1 it was a core mechanic of dota 1 and its a must have for dota 2, especially for ar and sd

Even in DotA, this was pretty lame option. As Wesai told, this ruins the point of SD or AR. The official definition of the Single Draft is - Player gets to choose between the 3 Heroes, which are randomly taken from the STR, AGI and INT poll. Having the swap option enabled, it basically gives you an opportunity to choose between the 15 heroes. (?why?)

Specially more noticeable in AR. The point in AR is to take the risk to play with the Hero you get and not then to repick it, or swap it if you are not satisfied with him. Play AP if you don't know how to play with all Heroes.

Please, do not ever, never implement swap option.

Basic Member
    Think of it this way, Swapping could make a fairer game. What if all 5 players of your opponent team are friends and they are sitting together;as in side by side? They could have just 'swap' their pc to get their preferred heroes. On the other hand your teammates arent together with you, you cant do that. This isnt really fair right?

Quote Originally Posted by xwuguix View Post
    Think of it this way, Swapping could make a fairer game. What if all 5 players of your opponent team are friends and they are sitting together;as in side by side? They could have just 'swap' their pc to get their preferred heroes. On the other hand your teammates arent together with you, you cant do that. This isnt really fair right?
    Except that the chances of that actually happening are superbly low. And if people are really close together, then it means they are at least somewhat good and are willing to play any hero (giving the fact they are playing -SD or -AR to begin with, because you know, that's the whole point of the mode).

They usually bring their own Mouse and keyboard, spend countless minutes fine tuning the mouse precision and camera speed, Hot keys and etc going with their preference, do you really think they will go through all the hassle to change computers just to play a simple -SD match that they were willingly with no doubts to play (and choose between one of the 3 heroes randomly chosen)?

Doesn't matter how hard I try to see swap as a good thing, it doesn't happen. The more I think of -swap the more I see how badly it sucks.

Again, if you don't want to take the risks of getting a hero you don't like or isn't good with, then there is always ALL PICK mode. Which you know, you can pick anything without needing to go through the chaotic hassle of needing to swap a hero. If I wanna play All Random, then I want it to be really ALL RANDOM, no swapping shenanigans. Luckily, when I play in-house games with another 9 people I know, we play All Random in Dota 1 we use the mode "No Swap". Life is beautiful and FUN.

Swapping just generates hate, people think they are entitled to have YOUR hero just because they like it. "OMG you got Faceless Void omg my favorite heroo i pwn noobs with void so much omg swap now pls" " OMG SWAP DAMMIT, I PRO VOID PLAYER" "All Chat: GG team noob". Just think for the common Dota player who will most likely stay in the mid or low tier and just want to have fun, do you really want them to go through all this and most likely be scared away of Dota forever? We need to protect our players from our own player-base, that old mentality seeing in platforms such as Garena or even in Cyber Cafes.

Another example: "Omg if you suck with mortred i report you, u no want swap!"

Or

"if we lose i blame u coz u no want to swap, fucking noob."

Yes yes, that's what will happen in matches ranging from low tier to mid tier games. Oh the horror, I pity all those players if this ever happens (myself included, even though I'm working to get on high tier someday ^^).
    Last edited by wesai; 05-31-2012 at 03:03 AM.