Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Efficient, Easy & Pro level. A none crybaby solution to the picker

Basic Member
    those cards clutter the screen too much, the rest is alright if you remove them completely, though i get what you're thinking with that card flow.

if you need a solution that incorporates cards as well you need to work with the current grid layout and go from there.

I think this is well on its way to a great pick screen!!!

The current pick screen in dota is great and pretty, however its not for dota.
    In dota we need to have as much information as possible in our vision and be able to pick a hero quickly.

Your idea is a nice improvement.

-juju
    Last edited by juju; 05-26-2012 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anatem View Post
    those cards clutter the screen too much, the rest is alright if you remove them completely, though i get what you're thinking with that card flow.

if you need a solution that incorporates cards as well you need to work with the current grid layout and go from there.
    The screen captures i have used are on a smaller resolution. Everything will be optimized and have proper spacing to give it an appealing look with the all the efficiency included. Ill include this in the original for to make things clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelfire View Post
    This is amazing. Now if someone over at valve could just restrain their dignity and use this.
    We would need to work as a community and force the top ideas infront of their eyes. Emails, posts on other forums such as dotafire and dotatalk. The more this gets noticed the better.

Basic Member
    +1 !

Basic Member
    This is gonna et messy when all heroes are implemented / new heroes come in the future.

I'd say cut the cardwheel on the top. But then we would have pretty much the old layout. On the other hand there was nothing wrong with it.

I like it, though I would change sorting to the default tab and as soon as you select a hero it would switch to the battlefield tab. Most new people would need filters first then where everyone is going. Plus since I'm US so if I need to communicate something immediately, like "mid or feed," I can do so in the chat box. Of course options to change default tab (maybe by console command?) would be nice.

Basic Member
    Starting positions is a cool idea, but people can already talk in chat. There are better solutions to the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Milli View Post
    This is gonna et messy when all heroes are implemented / new heroes come in the future.

I'd say cut the cardwheel on the top. But then we would have pretty much the old layout. On the other hand there was nothing wrong with it.
    I suggest me and milll invent some sort of internet tool that wil enable everyone to some how scroll through long vertical lists that are to big for a single screen. We'll call it a Scroll block! it will be located to the left of every single page or text document.
    Last edited by windows; 05-26-2012 at 08:41 PM.

Basic Member
    combine this with http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=36640 and we might have a winner.