View Poll Results: What is your opinion on the background image in the current dashboard?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like the pink-red color

11 21.15%
  • It should be more of a blue design like the International 2 page

41 78.85%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [SUGGESTION] Change background color theme to blue

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by omegadon3 View Post
    Rotate between red+sparks and blue+smoke
    +1

Banned
    And how about they just make it red instead of pink? Or is that too much 'out of the box' thinking?

Basic Member
    Photoshop mock-up time!

Quote Originally Posted by omegadon3 View Post
    Rotate between red+sparks and blue+smoke

(original mock-up by Blaeko: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=37071)

Other changes
    + Blogsite using alternative styling: Bigger content, column on the right removed.
    + Redundant Dota 2 logo removed. Top margin reduced.
    + Original "Chat" text and bar removed, because the content is self-explanatory.
    + Original "Friends" text and bar removed, replaced with Friend and Group tab for consistency.
    + Removed moot borders for Chat and Friends. (They are moot because of all the white-space.)
    Last edited by cn.white; 05-28-2012 at 05:24 PM.

Nice photoshop cn.white, thats exactly what I had in mind!

Banned
    There should also be a green with leaves or some such.

With red, green, and blue, you would have backgrounds that would represent strength, agility, and intelligence heroes respectively. Have the game pick one at random each boot similar to the TF2 'wallpapers' that it swaps between, and I think everyone would be pleased. However, all of them should be muted in palette somewhat, similar to what cn.white has posted above.

Visually, I believe this would read very well in terms of aesthetics, but also in terms of tying the appearance to the game in a way that's instantly recognizable to the player. It allows the player to correlate the interface with aspects of the game, 'tying' it together, if you will.

Basic Member
    How about the god old pictrue from warcraft? execpt no icefrog :P no? well then I gues black+spark and abit of blue

Basic Member
    I'm surprised that there's no love for the blue background, it fits well and is so much easier to look at than the pinkish one.

Basic Member
    Valve never listen to anyone and they do what they want. ( Ex. Fucking hero picker )