View Poll Results: What is your opinion on the background image in the current dashboard?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like the pink-red color

11 21.15%
  • It should be more of a blue design like the International 2 page

41 78.85%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [SUGGESTION] Change background color theme to blue

Lightbulb [SUGGESTION] Change background color theme to blue

Before the new update went live and I heard it was coming, I was under the impression that Valve were going to incorporate cooler colors into the game's color scheme. Mainly because of the color theme used in this page: http://www.dota2.com/tournaments/international/

In my opinion the blue in the background jives very well with the gray and red palette already being used. After some surfing I got the impression that some people disliked the current hot-pink background image right now. So I thought I'd start a poll and see what everyone's thoughts were!

Basic Member
    Yes, blue + black looks sexy. The current hot pink to black is just disgusting and it looks like someone spent 2 minutes in photoshop to make that gradient.

Quote Originally Posted by Recountal View Post
    Yes, blue + black looks sexy. The current hot pink to black is just disgusting and it looks like someone spent 2 minutes in photoshop to make that gradient.
    I'm glad you agree! I don't mind the animating fire, if it could be made to blend well with that smokey-blue effect, it would be perfect.

Basic Member
    I would prefer it if the background color was customizable instead. I do like the pink color and would be saddened if Valve changes it to that blue. An fauna color would also be nice too. Just make it customizable. Therefore, people would have the lobby and their heroes reflect their style.

They should make it look like this! Maybe they could animate those white smoke/swirls.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliens View Post
    I would prefer it if the background color was customizable instead. I do like the pink color and would be saddened if Valve changes it to that blue. An fauna color would also be nice too. Just make it customizable. Therefore, people would have the lobby and their heroes reflect their style.
    You know i'd be okay with that too, at the very least maybe make it possible to put our own custom images in there to overrite the original.

Basic Member
    The poll really is a false dilemma
    Last edited by cn.white; 05-27-2012 at 11:16 PM.

Basic Member
    I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's pretty cool (no pun intended).

While I still prefer the old dash, making it blue makes it much better and less of an eyesore for some reason. If they decide to keep this dash they need to do this. +1

Basic Member
    Rotate between red+sparks and blue+smoke