115 26.32%
  • It's OK!

45 10.30%
  • No, it's not good.

54 12.36%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: [Come Vote]This is the best HERO PICKER EVER

Basic Member
    ajajaj this is ridiculous xD, this is rly horrible for me.

maybe people without idea like this.

Basic Member
    It's not the best but better than current hero picker... I hope valve knows what we want.

Make this Grid View.
    "When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
    ―Cave Johnson

Basic Member
    this is brilliant. +1, make this happen valve!

Basic Member
    +1 This is what the hero picker should look like or something similar of this sort.

Very organized, simple, and chronicle!

You have the heroes categorized by STR/AGI/INT, and Radiant/Dire instead of them all blending in together like the current hero picker.
    What I really like about this one is the hero your picking or viewing is shown on the center of the screen which is the main focus of attention. The current picker has a grid view where you pick a hero, after you click one you exit out of the grid and return you to the scrolling card mode to confirm it which makes it less organized. Would be awesome if you could hover your cursor over the skills of the hero selected shown on the center of the screen to see the descriptions for newer players.

The current picker has a grid view where you pick a hero, after you click one you exit out of the grid and return you to the scrolling card mode to confirm it which makes it less organized.
    Indeed! That drives me crazy.

Besides that, during my first random draft match after introducing this new hero picker screen, I did not realize when it was my turn AND what heroes were possible to pick. In my eyes it is totally messed up and I lost the complete overview.
    After serveral more games it is better now. But still it is very complicated and I am just used to it now.

Hope this will change again. Was way better before

Basic Member
    Well this pretty much has everything I'd want from the picker.
    +1

Basic Member
    This looks nice! Combines information and aesthetics with usability. If the cards could be made not to overlap as you can in the current grid, it would be divine. I guess the new portrait designs do not work that well when compressed smaller, which would be required for this look, imo.

May not be the best UI, but it's certainly much much much better than the current (default) hero picker.

Basic Member
    I really love this one.