Thread: Roshan is affected by Untouchable

Basic Member

Roshan is affected by Untouchable

Summary:
    When Roshan attacks Enchantress his attack speed is slowed.

Repro:
    1) Pick Enchantress.
    2) Learn Untouchable.
    3) Make Roshan attack Enchantress.

Result:
    Roshan's attack speed is slowed.

Expected Result:
    Roshan should not be affected by Untouchable.

Basic Member
    Roshan would only spell block it the first time he attacked in dota 1. Any attacks after that before his spell block came off cooldown would apply the untouchable debuff and slow his attacks. I think this is working as intended.

Basic Member
    Yes you are right, my bad. But i tested it again and saw that Roshan doesn't block it the first time. He is affected immediately. So that need fixing, right?
    (This also happens with Incapacitating Bite from Broodmother.)
    Last edited by mospan; 05-29-2012 at 05:11 AM.

Basic Member
    Roshan blocks targetted spells, impetus and incapacitating bite are both passives...

Basic Member
    I thought my post covered things quite well. In dota one untouchable was a passive but with the coding for Roshan's spell block and untouchable it was blocked on the first hit. So, in Dota 2 they changed how untouchable worked so it was probably an intended fix for it to not be blocked or an unintentional one with no drastic effect on the game. Just thought I'd point out what was happening since that's what goes on here.

Basic Member
    We are talking about Untouchable not Impetus.

About Untouchable and Incapacitating Bite, in Dota1, Roshan blocks the first attack and is affected on the second. In Dota2 he is affected from the first attack.

Quote Originally Posted by mospan View Post
    Yes you are right, my bad. But i tested it again and saw that Roshan doesn't block it the first time. He is affected immediately. So that need fixing, right?
    (This also happens with Incapacitating Bite from Broodmother.)
    Linken's and Roshan's spellblock don't trigger on Untouchable and Incapacitating bite anymore. It's intended afaik.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    These passives are more than likely coded in dota1 by having a dummy unit cast the effect for the passive. As a result those passives get blocked on the first hit because they are treated as such.

This is most likely an intended Fix. Because those are both passive spells, but used a dummy unit to target the respective spell. Which triggered spell Shield.

I am not sure, but I think we had this confirmed by IceFrog himself.
    Closing this.
    Before posting a bug read the Bug posting guidelines first and check the Known Bugs list For existing bugs.

Use the report () button when you need help from a Moderator.